Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Tillerson was one of the few things I gave Trump credit for.

1 Like

It was always coming.

Tillerson had far too much common sense to last with this “Fkn Moron…

4 Likes

Conjecture on the title of Tillersons book. about Trump, should be a winner in airport bookshops everywhere.

“How to lose friends and alienate people”.

or about his own career, a new title in the “How to” series.

“How to destroy your career”

or about the Trump Whitehouse,

“Fifty smells of ■■■■”

Did Trumps business have this sort of turn around of executives? How productive can this churning of personel be?

Undersecretary of State also sacked. Acting-undersecretary named is a former FoxNews host (Fox and Friends - his fave). Right before vital negotiations with NK? Replacing him with the head of CIA just to add a touch of additional changeover confusion to a second agency.
Classic Don.

Whatever the actual reason it is probably fitting for the theme of this admin that Tillerson is sacked less than 24 hours after taking a strong stand on an assassination via nerve agent by Russia on British soil, while the WH is conspicuously silent about it.

I believe the undersecretary confirmed Tillerson found out via Twitter, contradicting the WH line.

NSA McMaster has recently been said to be close to exiting. COS Kelly has wobbled in Trump’s favour. Defence Secretary Mattis is a rarity in that he seems absolutely secure. AG Sessions has been attacked repeatedly by Trump.

1 Like

Wasn’t there supposedly a “One gone, All gone” pact between Tilly and several others?

The White House is not a clown car…

Oh… wait

Within 18 months. Impressive.

7 Likes

The bracketed “I call the final shots” just makes me laugh. Dude, you are the President. If you are insecure about it, that is okay, but try not to tell the world.

Trump’s assistant John McIntee was fired for a security infraction.

3 Likes

At the end of the day, what happens inside the White House is of interest to only political reporters, those in the industry or those looking for confirmation bias.

For the average person in the street, this is of no consequence. Its jobs, the economy, the price of bills, law and order mixed in with a bit of world affairs. I doubt if anyone could actually tell me what Tillerson actually does without having to resort to Google to find out.

PLEASE, FOR ONCE, DO NOT RESPOND TO THE TROLL.

5 Likes

Sorry bloodychoir I could not stop myself.

Trip, do you read your posts after you type ?

"At the end of the day, what happens inside the White House is of interest to only political reporters, those in the industry or those looking for confirmation bias.

For the average person in the street, this is of no consequence. Its jobs, the economy, the price of bills, law and order mixed in with a bit of world affairs."

Don’t you understand that the decisions that effect “jobs, the economy, the price of bills, law and order mixed in with a bit of world affairs” are all made in the White House, it is the centre of US Government. It is like believing that laws in Australia happen inside the Parliamentary Chamber, when in fact most are developed, formulated, lobbied, argued and agreed before it gets into the House.

If any Labor or Liberal Government in Australia had sacked or moved on the huge number of people that Trumps regime has, they would be thrown out of Office very quickly.

I do not actually care much about Trump or his policies, as I am not a Yank and the people spoke when he was elected. However as an observer of World politics for a farking long time, I have never ever seen of such a regime. Even Italian Governments have been more stable, and while Pol Pot and Castro got rid of their former colleagues in a more permanent manner; the numbers were very much lower.

Any before you start, it is not a Left vs Right paradigm; it is about political stability, and for this Trump is a huge fail.

3 Likes
1 Like

Maybe with all the cameras in his face he still thinks he’s on the apprentice and needs to fire someone weekly.

1 Like

Politics and music don’t mix? Kurt wearing his activist heart on his sleeve, attempting to turn the Paul Simon classic into a contemporary rallying call.

Yes there were reports of a Doomsday pact between the 3 moderates (well, comparatively speaking) in Tillerson, McMaster and Mattis.

Given the rumblings of McMaster departing in the near future, voluntarily or otherwise, one wonders where that leaves Mattis.

We have officially reached Joaquin Phoenix levels of trolling. I swear at the end of this, he is going to reveal it was all a joke and we can buy tickets to see the movie for a Boxing Day release.

He will win and Oscar and we will all talk about what a genius he was and his Wellesian play on the American people.

3 Likes

Should be the Space Marines! Or the Galactic Patrol. I’m all in with Donald on this one. Finally after years of waiting I’ve reached the future. Seriously will look past a lot for this!

I just watched this documentary called Star Wars and we need to be prepared. We need a Space Force!

Also… can we find some people who drill for a living and train them to work in space. We need to be prepared for giant asteroids!

1 Like

I do understand that - however every day people are interested in the end result and how it impacts them not in the machinations of who and how. Its like when you take a car to the mechanic. When you pick it up, most people just want to know if it is fixed and driveable, not how it was fixed and who did it.

And disagree that people care about people being moved on - most people would be of the belief that people in high government positions haven’t been particularly effective in the past so maybe wholesale changes are needed.