Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

No need to ping trip. Can already tell you what he would say.

“This is why average Americans hate leftists artists, they lecture and tell them what to to do. Why should they celebrate such a well known leftist that is glorifying violence. The share market is up and Trump is making America great again. That’s what real Americans care about.”

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Maybe sprinkled a few more “elites” but this is perfect.

1 Like

My country. Founded on immigration. Famous for accepting new comers. Celebrates with this declaration on the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

And then, today, John Kelly says this. Congrats, General. Applying nationalistic logic to humanity. Separating children, let me say that again, CHILDREN, from their parents. And “wow” on the “rural” comment. That should play very well with your despotic leader’s base.

Excellent use of stick and it’s derivatives.

Great week for the US having:

• had 5 leading ISIS officials captured
  • had three hostages released from North Korea
  • announced date for Trump to meet with Kim-Jung un
  • overturning the useless Iran agreement

But you will never hear anything about this here.

I’ve heard plenty about the US pulling out of the Iran agreement.
I’ve heard nothing of a proposed replacement.
Genuinely interested.
Link?

1 Like

There is no replacement. Trump quite rightly has said he will not do deals with despotic regimes. The US will no longer be blackmailed into bad deals.

But he does deals with Saudi Arabia !

9 Likes

And how long before he changes his mind? 18 months and we can forget he ever held this stance right?

Well I can guess we will have to deal with that if it ever happens.

As opposed to all the “good work” he’s claiming in North Korea?

7 Likes

Okay, but you’ve spoken of it as an achievement.
What’s been achieved here?

They’re not using the nuclear option as a threat.

Awaiting clarification.

Iran now understands there are consequences and will have to deal with the US on the US’s terms just like North Korea have had to do.

Hostages released.
Nth and Sth Korea leaders finally meeting
Nth Korea and the US planned summit.

Maybe its best that you just stick to abuse instead of serious discussion. Its a bit out of your depth.

I do want to keep an open mind about this, but that sounds very vague and, to my mind, inflammatory and dangerous.
Are Iran still compelled to undertake inspections?
Is there any system at all to keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons now?

I’m not trying to be negative or dismissive, I just want to know the details of what happens from here.

No and No would be your answers but to be honest they were the answers before the deal was torn up anyway.
However, by putting sanctions back on, Iran’s leaders will increasingly be dealing with domestic issues and they will be forced kicking and screaming back to the negotiation tab;le.

During The Kenyans reign 11 north korean hostages were freed. How many times did you see him fly around with them in airforce one?

But that was more than 18 months ago, so it’s out of your depth.

2 Likes

Oh.
Well it’s good to know there is at least a plan behind the decision.
I’m not sure it’s a Good plan, but okay.