Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

So. In one post (having specifically said the posts above are sheeting home the blame to Trump when they weren’t) your defence is “but the vibe”. In the very next post (and countless others) you demand specific details.

I’m sure that’s perfectly consistent.

Yeah/nah. See you later.

7 Likes

Not to nit-pick, but the gun-man was also a kid from the school.

But yes, it is rather strange for a person to turn up like that. I understand what they thought they were doing but it was pretty stupid.

You know, in the West, we often talk in a snide way about corruption in countries such as China, Russia, Middle East…you name it, those sort of non Anglo countries. But right here with the NRA you have an an example of outright corruption. A group is paying government representatives to vote in a way that is in opposition to views and best interests of their constituents.
And this is not a second amendment issue. There are measures that can be taken that would reduce gun deaths that are entirely within the framework of the second amendment.

8 Likes

One day, hopefully soon, someone will grow a pair and ban you.

Again.

Saladin just did

1 Like

Nah, just suspended the troll.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers, etc, etc…

1 Like

Ah didn’t catch the distinction.

Banned he would just create a new alias anyway.

For 18 months? Then everything before that won’t matter.

4 Likes

Admit it’s a fair suspension.

@Mendozaaaa better explain my post.

can i show up at trips computer with a gun to ensure his safety?

2 Likes

You really should suspend him for 18 months. That would be excellent

This thread gonna be boring without the tripster now! Where’s Warlock Paul?

WP banned for abuse.

Anyway, I’m not convinced 'trip was real.
No-one could be that much of a blinkered zealot.
More likely a plant by The Left to make The Right look bad.

2 Likes

Oh great - so when they come back we get to hear the tripe about the moderators not treating left and right equally.

In the absence of Trip, I fixed it for ya :wink:

2 Likes

Did DKP get banned as well or just change name?

I was banned once for calling Trip a very bad name. I did beg the moderators for forgiveness and had someone very influential vouch for me.

It is so hard to be good all the time.

I am off the USA just after we tear the tigers a new one. My new buddies in Texas are very shocked by the latest horror. I was on the phone to them just after it unfolded. All have kids about the age of those who died, some are in NRA and all just need some Leadership on this. Dont think Trump or Ollie North will cut it somehow.

So the latest idea out of the US to prevent school shootings is to do an individual threat assessment on every single student. This would be derived from their posts on social media.

I can’t imagine anything going wrong with this idea

3 Likes