Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

I think it has been simply about following the evidence right from its beginnings as a counter-intelligence investigation into Russia pre-Mueller, pre-election, pre-dossier, and during a time in the campaign when the prospect of Trump winning was still considered something of a joke, albeit an unsettling one.

It’s like The Handmaids Tale becoming the new reality.

Praise be.

2 Likes

Under Pence’s eye

This “QAnon” thing seems to explain a bit about why all these nutters seem to organise to the point of Trump ending up where he is. The stuff they believe is seriously demented though. The Clintons and Democrats run a child sex racket. The Rothschilds are a satanic cult and control the world’s money. Trump is here to save us all from it.

Till yesterday I hadn’t even heard of this mob and now they are leading the news. Yikes.

There’s good people on both sides.

2 Likes

There are two very unhinged people I know who post on social media about all of this stuff and have done for a long time now. They’ve never identified themselves under this moniker but it certainly appears to be something that has been bubbling away for a while.

You must be freinds with the same two people I know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

QAnon for those bored of garden variety Pizzagate or Seth Rich debunked nonsense.

On the other side there is Louise Mensch/Claude Taylor and their little gang of loony tunes. Monetising aggressive dishonesty like Cernovich/Posobiec do (or attempt to).

1 Like

Did Nixon have a fanatical fan club while the Watergate stuff was going on?

I not long ago, had the Internet in mind as the Grand Savior, … the information disseminator to bypass biased right wing news reporting to make people smarter, and that would lead to a much better, fairer World.

How those dreams have been dashed :roll_eyes:… it first did that, but now is reversing over itself, making a hell of a lot of idiots that are easily duped, think they are now well informed, not realising that they are being informed with bullshit. … which has just made things worse, particularly on the fanaticism levels, … because they all THINK they now know, “tEh fAXts”

The way the Internet has given unthinkable traction to the stupidest Ideas, - Anti Vaxers, flat earthers, brexiteers etc et fkn cetera -… I’m not sure the positives of it still outnumber the negatives TBH.

3 Likes

You can bet that the US Administration wishes that twitter has never been invented. They are tying themselves in knots clarifying the status of Trump’s tweets. There was a court ruling in one case that his tweets could be taken into account in determining the purpose of the exercise of his Presidential authority.

Too bad none of them are senators or congressmen

2 Likes

Anyone who has ever been on a committee couldn’t seriously believe in conspiracies involving more than three people keeping a secret.

1 Like

But, where’s the fun in that?

1 Like

No the rothschilds are part of a broader jewish conspiracy! Just ask Malcom Roberts.

2 Likes

You mean “the free citizen known as Malcolm.iuan.roberts” or whatever the fk it is he signs everything?

3 Likes

Lel:

“Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul”, representing a corporate entity termed MALCOLM IEUAN ROBERTS.”

1 Like

Lots of them are. But they want to remain senators or congressmen more than they want trump gone.

As a republican, if you go hard against trump in public, you lose your primary because the republican party drove its moderates out years ago and there’s only the hard core of lunatics left, and they loooove Trump.

The republican senators and congressmen (at least, some of those who pre-date the Tea Party) actually have had to try to work with Trump, and they know he’s useless, dangerous, and stupid. They’re just quietly hoping the dems get rid of him for them and they don’t have to get their hands dirty, cos Pence is a brand of lunatic that is much more conventional and comfortable for them to work with.

5 Likes
6 Likes