Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Certainly a bit harder than it was all those years ago.

1 Like

How long till the manchild denounces the Widower of Sgt. La David Johnson as a “Liar” and proclaims the phone call to her was “the GREATEST ever”?

1 Like

And, finishes his tweet with:

“So sad…”

1 Like

So Clinton and the DNC paid for the story about Trump in Russia. Nothing to see here of course, nothing underhanded or deceitful or manipulative and downright dirty. It’s all above board if it means they can bring down Trump, the means justify the ends, no matter the cost.

Sorry, which story was that?

IT is probably referring to the Steele Dossier. It started out as a yet unnamed Republican candidate’s opposition research into Trump but was dropped when Trump became the nominee. It was picked up and continued by the DNC. Republican Senator McCain got his hands on it and handed it to the FBI. This much has been known for months. The actual Democrat operative involved was named along with additional details just in the past few days, I forget the name but involved with the Clinton campaign. Truly a bi-partisan piece of work. Where it came from, and who paid for it is important but just as important is it’s truthfulness or otherwise. Some elements at least have been corroborated by the FBI and Mueller’s team reportedly. Also important to note is that it didn’t start the Trump/Russia investigation.

1 Like

Not to overlook the reports about Trump junior meeting with the Russians and their offer of dirt on Clinton.

1 Like

Trump has apparently pulled the pin on a few of the classified JFK documents at the last minute. Surely that will ■■■■ off a lot of the conspiracy nut cases that still like him.

He’s a d*ckhead. He would have known what can and can’t be released well before spouting off that everything will be released only a few days ago. And if he didn’t, well, bugger me.

It sounded to me like the FBI etc requested more time and Trump gave it to them.

Meh.

I think the most likely thing to happen is that they forgot they were due to release them until a week ago when it hit the media. Then someone thought they should review them all to see if they need any additional redactions, so asked for more time.

CNN is reporting that the first charges have been filed by Mueller’s investigation. Still sealed.

The Washington Free Beacon has been reported as the first people to hire Fusion GPS for oppo research into Trump and other GOP candidates before it was picked up by the Dems. So not a Republican primary candidate after all.

You would think Manofort. Will be good to get this whole ball rolling.

So wait, actual charges have been laid.

I was told repeatedly that there was no evidence. Well what do you know.

Will Trump move on firing Mueller? A number of his surrogates, former aides, and close media allies are going a bit nuts.

I thought that, as Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein, deputy Attorney General, Trump could not directly fire him.

Not directly, from my limited knowledge, but Nixon Saturday Night Massacre style.

Every time I thing $hit$ going down it doesn’t. This seems ominous though…

1 Like

Just like the saga.

It’s likely as not to be a peripheral figure or a small step, rather than some game changing moment. We will see I guess.

All of last week the Fox News - Wall Street Journal - Trump faction was breathlessly pushing the “Hillary gave our Uranium to Russia for $” narrative. Now, given the events of the last 48hrs it is clear why. In any case here is an explanation of the facts: