Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Ha. Facts.

Interesting times afoot.

Manafort most likely to be indicted tomorrow and the MSM will be shouting from the rooftops that he was a “former Trump campaign manager”, but the funny thing is that the indictment will be for events that happened in 2012-13 when he was working for…wait for it… the Podesta Group.

Uranium One just won’t go away.

Where is the info on this?

I’ll i can see is that he was working for his own company advising the Ukrainians in that time. I can’t find any reference to him working for the podestas. Given he is a right wing lobbyist closely linked with roger stone, worked on reagan, bush and trump campaigns, working for the enemy would be odd to say the least.

First link I came accross was a Faux Nues/Tucker Carlson piece

Is that really the play? Manafort knows hes going to get charged, so leaks some fake BS that he was really working with Hillary.

Just so the press goes, look over there this story is really about how corrupt Hillary is. People fall for this?

He also worked at Comet Ping Pong Pizza.

1 Like

Uranium One does feel a bit like take 3 doesn’t it? Pizzagate -> Seth Rich -> Uranium One.

Certainly interesting times though, WP, I agree. Too interesting, I’d be much happier if things became less fraught and more boring.

Manafort and his business partner Gates told to surrender themselves.

I went to bed and supposedly there is a third, Papadopoulos. He has been co-operating since July, after admitting to making false statements to the FBI, relating to his efforts to set up meetings between the Trump campaign and people he believed were Russian nationals. He was a foreign policy advisor on the Trump campaign.

Surely Trump hasn’t been playing some 3D Chess. I mean did he just walk this investigation back to the Democrats

Tony Podesta has stepped down with his connection to Manafort, the brother of John Podesta and Podesta lobby group

Not sure where this goes, but whatever/whoever charges are laid - I still think it will be around money laundering.

1 Like

More dominoes need to fall:

1 Like

Mueller’s team doesn’t seem to leak. Papadopoulos arrested in July, and pleads on Oct 5.

Good segment on ABC radio last night with author David Cay Johnston. Talking about how the the influence of politics and the tax system on each other mainly from an American perspective. Also a lot about Trump.

8 people killed and many injured in New York today when a person used a truck/ute to run bike riders down.

Insanity. A good mate of mine lives and works in the neighborhood. The 20min he took to respond to my text asking if he and his family were ok felt like 2 hours.

I’m glad he did respond in the end.

2 Likes

Good to hear your mate is okay, DM.

1 Like

Yep.

Would’ve been better if giving everyone a Tesla, and putting a recharge station on every corner

2 Likes

According to the WSJ the DOJ has identified at least 6 members of the Russian government it considers responsible for the hack of the DNC. The case is in the early stages and may be filed in 2018.