Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Probably. But not one that ‘tweets’ every dumbass thought in real time.

4 Likes

LOL.

$25 Mil on a concert that headlined with 3 Doors Down.

AFL grand final is still worse on a value ratio!

The speech at the UN today marks a great achievement. Now America too has had a deranged leader rant and rave at the podium. Yes!

1 Like

There was a lot to dislike about Col Gaddaffi but his idea to pitch a tent near by to UN HQ and guard it with a posse of lady assassins whenever he was in town to make a speech was inspired.

His speech wasn’t the worst going around, certainly not the worst he has ever done.

However it did feel very 1930’s and I am pretty sure we have moved on from that era of rhetoric.

John Kelly’s reaction is pretty good.

Nerds on reddit have zoomed in on his watch (as well as corresponding EXIF photo data) to pinpoint the reaction down to when Trump was saying this:

The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary. That’s what the United Nations is all about; that’s what the United Nations is for. Let’s see how they do.

:joy:

5 Likes

It was a cracking speech, had a go at everyone, and then some.

Can’t help but think he’s all froth and no cappuccino

The UN suck.

Called Namibia ‘Nambia’. How long before we’re Austria?

3 Likes

Having worn the blue beret and served in a combat zone I can’t fully agree with that. They do some good stuff, unfortunately they also do some sucky stuff.

3 Likes

Do CNN think that people have short memories? The MSM really do themselves no favours when it comes to being labelled fake news…

2 Likes

If I remember right, Trump said the Whitehouse/Obama were wiretapping, which is kind of far fetched. Whereas the FBI tapping a Manafort, not so much.

1 Like

I’m certainly not referring to the people on the ground, but the way it works up top. E.g., all these countries thinking they have “power” and/or “influence”, when in reality they have none, due to veto rights.

1 Like

Sudan? Had a few friends go there. Tough mission.

Cambodia. A bit closer to home.

We don’t agree politically but I appreciate your service to the country.

5 Likes

You do realise that for the FBI to be wire tapping anyone that it needs to be cleared by the DOJ? They don’t just do it off their own bat. Do you know who the DOJ answered to at that time? Hint: Obama.

Manafort was first placed under surveillance in 2014 after he became a subject of an FBI investigation into work Washington consulting groups had done for Ukraine’s former ruling party, CNN said.

It was discontinued in 2016 for lack of evidence and then restarted under a new warrant that extended at least into early this year.

The second warrant was related to the FBI’s investigation into contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russian operatives, sources told CNN.

Manafort was tapped whilst working with Trump. Manafort worked in Trump Tower. Manafort was tapped whilst working in Trump Tower. So nice try at leftsplaining it, but it isn’t far fetched at all.

In regards to his UN speech it is funny to see the usual reactions of doom and gloom from the media and regular commentators in here. Although the latter is not surprising really when you read their comments in other threads. Anyway, here is an article written by a woman who actually knows how the UN works and was instrumental in bringing them to account for their “oil for food” corruption in the past, Claudia Roset.

1 Like

Thanks for the article, great read.

One of Trumps brilliant skills is public speaking and his ability to use words to evoke thought

In the primary it was ‘low energy jeb’ - the viewers would think of a tired, weak leader not fit for President

Again he has done it with that speech calling Little K ‘Rocket Man’ - very left field approach but for most their thoughts of a little man (like team america with a funny accent) playing around with little rockets. It is a perfect speech to put the ball back in his court… he basically saying your call little guy

Hmmm. I think any type of spoken word for him is a liability.

1 Like