Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Again, there is a link to the full video. Not sure what the issue is.

No issue, not surprised either

1 Like

I had a cousin who was a nun and huge in the pro-life matter. She would visit mostly Catholic girls secondary schools and lecture on abortion and contraception, and believe it or not it was rumoured she had a foetus in a glass jar she used to show the schoolgirls.

Reckon priests and nuns must have known all about contraception or abortion.

1 Like

Erm ok

That has to be some of the silliest comments made on this forum. Especially when you haven’t even bothered to watch the video and have zero idea what you are talking about. And that kid? He stood there, didn’t say a word to anyone, just stood there. Yet somehow that makes him racist and a ■■■■■■ in thew words of a few.

I’m referring to the media. In the scheme of things this incident is as piffling as the Gillette ad but it’s having the same brain box busting effect on people of a religious/conservative bent and angry white folks as the ad did on certain people. I’m saying that regardless of what happened a narrative was born out of it and it didn’t paint a pretty picture of these anti women’s rights religious private school boys. For anybody who consumes the diarrhoea coming out of the White House or any of it’s pseudo official press outlets to cry wolf is laughable. Like it or not, and I don’t like any of it, such is the state of play increasingly since Trump started campaigning. Silly? Nah, you’re just touchy because I mentioned the words religion and cult together.

The people who have been the most upset are the lefties, not the right.

I am happy to accept that the left jumped the gun in this case.
If you’re keeping score then they still have a fair bit in the bank.

3 Likes

Not if you visit Reddit apparently.

I am not sure the second line was needed but I understand the sentiment.

Part of the problem is that the left are still clamouring to ruin this kids life, they are pushing the university to expel him and others and have been threatening legal action and protests. Not one of these lefties are going after BHI, a pretty bad organisation if you read up on them.

1 Like

I shall not be reading up on them.
I’m happy to take you at your word.
Doxing is bad. I’m agin’ it.

1 Like

This is a great example of how powerful an image can be in this day and age. The backstory doesn’t overly matter, if the framing of the image can hit the right note. Teenagers would have no idea how that moment looked. ■■■■■■■ obvious to anyone else.

5 Likes

FFS, it’s Merica … what else do you expect

I posted the comment that kicked off the rest of the argument above. Firstly, having actually waited for details I agree that there were multiple preceding facts that would have led to less outrage. That said, I refuse to accept that the behavior of the MAGA-dressed boys is acceptable or excuse-worthy. The irony is that they came straight from a rally telling women what to do with their bodies.

2 Likes

Don’t care about most of it, the one thing that concerns me is the mob mentality and shouting build the wall. This instance is miles away from Charlottesville however it’s a disturbing trend when this type of activity is normalised. Just kids so not a huge issue, but this kind of racial bullying shouldn’t be part of a liberal society.

1 Like

If that kid didn’t have such a punchable face then this wouldn’t have been a thing.
If he was a little dweeb with spots and glasses doing exactly the same thing then no-one would give a rats ■■■■.
Which, to be fair, I don’t anyway.
But I do want to punch that kid in the face.
Not because he did anything, just because it’s so damn punchable.

4 Likes

Claims that there were no wall chants, some suspect claim it was “let’s go home, let’s go home”:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Regardless the above quote says all there needs to be said. And IT, it’s not “the left” mate, just like it’s not “the right”. It’s farksticks expending farkstick energy on petty argy bargy while the real game continues unabated and into the void.

Not sure where your coming from.

I guess my comment was directed at EVERYONE involved. EVERYONE IS OFFENDED, and no one actually changes their POV, they just double down.

No one seems to be able to get their message across without the opposing view losing their ■■■■.

I have no problem with anyone or anything in the saga thread.

Regardless I’m not sure how calling either side names helps. Won’t help bridge any divide.

Fark ‘em, they’re only seppos. Just nuke the joint and they can’t bother each other, or anyone else, ever again. Win, win.