Manchester Terrorist Attack

And small government will work?

1 Like

If you really think that providing vulnerable individuals with mental health assistance somehow equates to BIG government and a one world government then I’m sorry, it’s clear that it’s not possible to have a rational conversation with you.

1 Like

Meanwhile, some tragedies in Jakarta (capital of the largest Muslim country) and the Phillipines, reportedly ISIS driven . The attacks were not on Western people. Those people also deserve our sympathy.

8 Likes

they have my sympathy. These cretins are murderous scum, wherever and whoever they strike.

1 Like

Errr - weren’t you the one advocating worldwide mental health checks?
How do you think you would get every country aligned?

Anyway never fear - our very own anti-terrorism expert Anne Aly has a plan.
We all walk out of events in single file.:worried:

[quote]
“We should be having points where people can exit in single file and people are moved on quickly so there is no reason for them to congregate in large groups outside a particular venue, because that just means that somebody could come along and inflict maximum damage,” she said. [/quote]

1 Like

And what are your qualifications? You don’t respect Aly’s opinion as she doesn’t come from your preferred list of experts. Every time there is an incident the cry from the usual quarters is “why don’t moderate muslims condemn this” and when one does, you give her sht. I’ve tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you’re a dckhead.

6 Likes

I don’t need any qualifications to understand that its a completely ridiculous idea.

Imagine trying to get 100K people entering and leaving the grand final in single file. If you can’t understand how ludicrous that is then I can’t help you. Please don;t tell me that you agree with her idea.

At least TripEss, Dr Aly has some ideas, when you have nothing, except for being a d$ckhead !

1 Like

[quote=“Essendon12, post:238, topic:10529, full:true”]

Errr - weren’t you the one advocating worldwide mental health checks?
How do you think you would get every country aligned?

Anyway never fear - our very own anti-terrorism expert Anne Aly has a plan.
We all walk out of events in single file.:worried:

Translation:
“A Muslim spoke and I am OUTRAGED”.

4 Likes

Id have thought a bottleneck and single file makes things even worse! Depending on the choice of weapon and number of attackers. I too think its pretty silly.

But that wasnt the main point of her article and the snide mocking isnt helpful.

Wow - talk about bigotry of low expectations.

Is she exempt from being criticised because she is Muslim or because she is female?
I guess in your view we should be grateful that they are capable of even coming up with an idea.

The outrageous thing is that a person capable of such a stupid suggestion has such a prominent voice. Hopefully it was just a brain fade by her. Everyone is entitled to one of those now and then.

Its concerning though that these are the people considered anti-terrorism ‘experts’. We are dealing with peoples lives here.

“Big government”, “fake news”
 do you not see a trend?

1 Like

But i think the rest of what is covered in that article is pretty good and tbh something you should agree with. Stop using marginalisation as an excuse, get to these people early, heed the warning signs of violent personalities.

I dont think the people flow thing was the main takeaway from that piece. But you made it so.

1 Like

BDS did that same thing a few posts back up when he ridiculed someone who is Muslim who spoke out against this stuff. Both sides do the same thing if the person speaking doesn’t fit their desired criteria.

Interesting perspective on those who have religious beliefs.

I’ve “known” you for a while mate, I think we may have even met once or twice. I respect your rights to your beliefs.

Mine are different to yours and I think you’ve astutely picked them up in your quote.

But you, and billions who share beliefs the same or of a slightly different strain to yours have never and will never detonate a bomb at a concert full of children.

My point is that religion isn’t a mental illness nor is it the cause of this incident in my opinion.

2 Likes

Agree but then it was ruined by that last bit.

Anyway, as I said am prepared to excuse it as a brain fade. Hopefully it’s the last we hear of that idea.

That’s incorrect. Terrorism comes from the Koran which states ‘Strike terror into the hearts of the non believers’. That’s why the acts are so extreme. Terrorism has always been around, it’s only that it’s just come to the west that people seem to think its a new phenomenon.

The actual problem is that all the violent lines in the Koran are meant to be applied to a war setting. The young mind is drawn to the extreme violence and tell themselves they are currently in a war setting. They justify it by thinking muslims are being attacked, whether that’s via physical war, or a war on islam and the conservative world by the immoral west
 recruiters can play off that.

So yeh it depends on one persons definition, but obviously the koran and if you know of mohammeds life himself then all these acts are justifiable to someone with a slightly different opinion on what it all means.