Marvel Stadium

Meh. No different to any of the other corporate names slapped on the stadium.

2 Likes

tell your smoking mates to dispose of their butts correctly please, or else i’m coming for them with my EPA letter report app at the ready.

5 Likes

BT - “Look Darce I’m not sure about all the Captain Irons or your Black witches with the archery and the infinity shields and what have you”

3 Likes

I don’t get why people are getting upset about it. It’s a name of a stadium. I prefer Marvel to Etihad.

5 Likes

Etihad at least has a sense of prestige. Feels like I’m going to a gadget type operator convention now.

5 Likes

It’s not just a name in this instance. The supporters attending Docklands are going to have Marvel crammed down their throats.

1 Like

Bunch of whingers.
Love it!

3 Likes

Hardly.
There is a bigger issue to naming rights, and selling off the names of public spaces to generate dollars.
I take no notice of who is the new ‘naming rights sponsor’. It has no effect on my life. I’m not going to get into a little tiff every time a stadium changes their name. I already don’t agree with these ethical values.

I make a stand against it and protest it, by ignoring it. I call these stadiums by their actual names.

3 Likes

you work on the ABC? :wink:

It’s always been Jihad Stadium to me.

7 Likes

I work in the entertainment business and our Marketing Director sent out an email about it this morning, with everyone replying saying how great it is. I feel like going on a rant about how and why its ■■■■■■, but I’m not too sure that’s a good idea.

Everyday on average we experience about 4,000 advertisements.

There is a significant issue within capitalist society.

2 Likes

24 McNuggets Stadium

Lost opportunity @mcdav

7 Likes

It’s no Smoothie King Center

I haven’t been to a game at Etihad in years, but do they advertise that much at the ground? There’s no departure lounge end of the ground as far as I know. I certainly don’t hear the commentators weaving flight times into the play by play.

7 Likes

You’re right. They don’t do that at the moment. But under this new deal, Marvel will.

Probably true.

Etihad has a sense of prestige? Ehhhh I disagree.

I’d prefer Marvel if both were presented to me, Don Draper style.

2 Likes

At least it ain’t bet 365 stadium

5 Likes

Best name ever.