Marvel Stadium

‘Camping’?
Camping’??
That’s how I live everyday, you posh wanka

2 Likes

Well…would you prefer it raw?

2 Likes

That’s not a back-peddle - that’s a double-down, mate.
Paid for it with FF points indeed…hahahahaha

1 Like

I am curious about why they are saying it’s great. Can you elaborate please. Genuinely interested in why it would be great. As in preferable to something else? The money that changed hands? What specifically is great about it?

“A garage. A garage!
“What do you call it?”
“A car-hole”

8 Likes

Hahaha, I flew in an ex-Soviet Antonov cargo plane where the crew were wearing singlets, shorts and sandals whilst smoking. And don’t get me started on the ex-Soviet helicopter crews the UN always used to contract to. The pilots used to mix windscreen wiper fluid and anti-freeze into their drinks because they couldn’t get hold of any vodka. I always feared they would suddenly go blind mid-flight. Life is pretty cheap in ol’ mother Russia.

4 Likes

I would have replied with “I only fly commercial airlines when the private jet is have the gold-plated stripper pole buffed”.

Should of called it Iron man 3.

1 Like

So - the big question. We’d be Daredevil, right? There’s Deadpool I guess - but that may not be the right choice. Also - with JoeDan & Hooker kicking for goal, Daredevil seems appropriate.

Don’t pretend we’re not going to be labelled Captain America.

Red white & blue - would be Dogs.

1 Like

You’ve seen our midfield right? Clearly Ant Man.

7 Likes

Yeah. Bring back HILLE’S HOME EXTENSIONS

2 Likes

Fantastic Four, used to be highly regarded but have been a laughing stock for years after a few misguided attempts to turn it all around.

Ok time to go full nerd discussion. Which superhero would Essendon be?

So you can’t have a dart up the top level when it’s only 15k?

Iron Manington

2 Likes

wtf do you think we’ve been talking about??

Great as in branding for Marvel. Marketing-wise it is a very smart move to be able to talk and sell directly to the tens of thousands of people (many of which are in their core demographic) every week, let alone the impact of having the stadium named after their business.

As a Marketer, I have to agree - but the footy fan inside of me just sees it as a corporate vomit.

1 Like

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o’clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

5 Likes