Match review. Dreamtime

best part of the night was getting 2 free boxes of shapes when i left the ground

Original recipe?

Most frustrating game this year for mine. Our effort and tackling pressure were great, but horrible skill errors killed our chances.

This so much.
A lot of the skill errors are just basics that shouldn’t be made at this level.
So disheartening to do a heap of good work only to fark up a basic handball or a 20m kick. What’s worse is that it is the senior players letting us down the most

Nope. Zerret, Parish, Edwards, Gleeson, Dea, Brown, Raz, even Tippa made basic errors that resulted in turnovers.

Given their performances this year, Zerrett and Parish kind of count as senior players. :stuck_out_tongue:

But Goddard, Gwilt, and Kelly made a LOT of stuff ups too.

best part of the night was getting 2 free boxes of shapes when i left the ground

Original recipe?

cheese and bacon and pizza

Most frustrating game this year for mine. Our effort and tackling pressure were great, but horrible skill errors killed our chances.

This so much.
So disheartening to do a heap of good work only to fark up a basic handball or a 20m kick. What’s worse is that it is the senior players letting us down the most

Nope. Zerret, Parish, Edwards, Gleeson, Dea, Brown, Raz, even Tippa made basic errors that resulted in turnovers.

Goddard and Gwilt probably cost 5-6 goals between them

Our younger players showed the way although I did like the games of Kelly and Jamar.

Just imagine if Orazio kicked that goal…

Hams should come in for Crowley
Jams shouldn't get a game. Every second disposal is s turnover. Happens every week, hams and ashby. J Merrit probably next to come in. Geez, Francis is a good player. Much work with fitness but plays very well.
what the hell had happened to Goddard's kicking? Absolutely awful..
Yeah, I reckon that's probably the first time he's ever had two of his kicks smothered too

All the games this year are glorified practice matches, so as long as we see development week by week I’m happy. This team has hardly played together at all, so we are doing pretty well, all things considered.

We must persist with Fantasia in the forward line, he can create havoc.

Richmond are sh*t.

We did ok, effort was there, we ran the game out right to the end… But gee the turnovers are frustrating. It’s one thing when a team just out plays you, but when your best players just keep making silly mistakes, it kills you.

Thoughts:

• Ambrose is a legit key defender. He still lacks a bit of defensive awareness, but his contested work and spoiling is top notch.
  • ORAZIO is a gun. I like him forward.
  • We’ve rotated Kommer, Crowley, Polk and Crowley again through that ‘Big bodied defensive forward who doesn’t tackle or be defensive’ role, and I’m just not convinced it’s necessary.
  • Zaharakis was great again.
  • Tippa and Parish make the season worth it.
  • Jamar was ok, all things considered.
  • Gwilt is having a rough couple of weeks.
  • Joe was good, but he could have been better. Rance was playing off him when he was deep, which is when Joe’s height and leap can be destructive.
  • There is a lot of Andrew Welsh about Craig Bird. Does all the contested stuff right… Can’t hit a target longer than 20m away.
  • Goddard’s skills are fading, but you can’t question his effort. Still busting his ■■■ off.

Meh, we’ve had worse. These are the good weeks.

yes this beggars belief. Would rather just play another quick young player. Can’t see the point in playing Crowley if he isn’t going to tag

I get that we don’t like turnovers, but plenty of them come from playing on at all costs, and switching into the corridor. It’s high risk high reward footy. And you gotta realise the opposition are looking for this option to pick us off too.

I thought our tackling was immense, and largely unrewarded.

The umpiring was as usual not great, the non mark to Fanta and the non free to JD in F50 both resulted in goals up the other end. It can really sap the energy, not to mention it’s a 4 goal turn around.

The commentary was spew worthy.

Really liked Ambrose game and effort on Reiwoldt, Dempsey was quite good on the last line and rebounding. Fanta looks good up forward, needs some support

This so much.

Given their performances this year, Zerrett and Parish kind of count as senior players. :stuck_out_tongue:

Woosha:“I want the players to keep taking risks. They’re achieving the expectations around each other about having a crack.”

I reckon taking the game on was a big talking point this week.

The veterans wete trying to lead the way and made some silly mistakes - E.g. Kelly trying to handball between a Tigers players legs.

Tippa is just warming up I reckon, Looks like he’s having fun now. Strap in ■■■■■!!!

Was the Baguley deliberate call as bad as it looked from where I was sitting?

It looked horrendous from where I was sitting, which was on a par with the non mark to Fantasia.

Fanta’s non-mark annoyed the heck out of me but that paled in comparison to that deliberate call.

The Baguley deliberate was a disgrace!!
Some vaffling decisions out there by the dumbpires.
We also made too many basic skill errors that cost us dearly but hopefully we learn from them.
Parish just makes me smile every time he gets the ball!
Amazing to think its his first year in the AFL!!!

Richmond are sh*t.

We did ok, effort was there, we ran the game out right to the end… But gee the turnovers are frustrating. It’s one thing when a team just out plays you, but when your best players just keep making silly mistakes, it kills you.

Thoughts:

• Ambrose is a legit key defender. He still lacks a bit of defensive awareness, but his contested work and spoiling is top notch.
  • ORAZIO is a gun. I like him forward.
  • We’ve rotated Kommer, Crowley, Polk and Crowley again through that ‘Big bodied defensive forward who doesn’t tackle or be defensive’ role, and I’m just not convinced it’s necessary.
  • Zaharakis was great again.
  • Tippa and Parish make the season worth it.
  • Jamar was ok, all things considered.
    - Gwilt is having a rough couple of weeks.
  • Joe was good, but he could have been better. Rance was playing off him when he was deep, which is when Joe’s height and leap can be destructive.
  • There is a lot of Andrew Welsh about Craig Bird. Does all the contested stuff right… Can’t hit a target longer than 20m away.
    - Goddard’s skills are fading, but you can’t question his effort. Still busting his ■■■ off.

Meh, we’ve had worse. These are the good weeks.

Agree with pretty much everything you said except for the Goddard busting his backside. I honestly don’t think he is. I watched him for the majority of the 3rd qtr tonight, the guy just jogs around, not really presenting strongly at all. Offering very little if any leadership. He seems almost unwilling to put in the hard yards off the ball at the moment. He is more concerned with staying about 40m away from the contest and getting the easy ball on the counter attack. Been very disappointed with his performances this season.

Gwilt tries his guts out, but really isn’t up to it anymore.

We have zero structure going forward.

The majority of the young kids have really stood up this season, but its been the experienced guys that have let us down.

Zaka was very good tonight.

Parish was very good, but i just wish he would of been a bit more selfish with the ball in hand in our forward 50.

We must persist with Fantasia in the forward line.
I think he should be moved to the midfield ASAP. Sure, he's good forward. He'd be more damaging in the midfield. Since he moved forward the amount we carry the ball forward and handball forward versus sloppy kicks has gone way down.

This so much.

Woosha:“I want the players to keep taking risks. They’re achieving the expectations around each other about having a crack.”

I reckon taking the game on was a big talking point this week.

The veterans wete trying to lead the way and made some silly mistakes - E.g. Kelly trying to handball between a Tigers players legs.

There is a difference between taking a risky option which doesn’t come off, and either just completely stuffing it up or making a truly dangerous/bad decision. I think far more of the turnovers fell into the second and third categories than the first.

I thought the endeavour was there all night, illustrated by us winning the tackle count 71 to 44.
We simply make too many terrible errors to give us a chance of winning against any opposition.
Next week will be no different, despite Freo being winless to this point.
If we don’t clean up our Clanger count, I doubt we’ll win more than 1 additional game for the year.

Richmond had 53 entries for 25 shots…47%
We had 48 entries for only 17…35%
Difficult to be close with differentials like that.

Just some thoughts on selection…
It’s obvious why either Crowley or Polkinghorne have been in the side every game (sometimes both of them), but there is nothing to be gained by continuing to play Crowley.
He was a very, very good tagger in his day, but that day has come and gone.
Does not offer enough creatively, nor can he supply the defensive pressure (I suspect).

I’m happy for him or Polk to come in for the odd game to rest Langford/Parish in the 2nd half of the season, but no more than a couple of games.
If I’m being charitable, it would be a nice gesture to ensure Polk gets 2 more to get to 100, as he’s unlikely to be on an AFL list again…
Bags and Kelly should rotate out of the backline and midfield to supply some of these midfield minutes we are losing by not selecting Crowls or Polk, especially whilst Simpkin is also unavailable.

Anyone suggesting Bird be dropped after a bad performance, should be suspended, flogged with one of those old style clappers, then perma banned for life {yes, I know that’s a tautology} !
We can’t afford to lose any more stronger bodies out of the side…period !

Just some thoughts on players…

Zaka…great first half, and OK in the 2nd.Good return to form.

Zerrett…I doubt he will have as poor a game ever again in terms of ball use and decision making.
Still continued working, and finished with a reasonable numbers including 9 tackles.

Goddard…yes, he makes some errors these days but ■■■, are we harsh on him in the match day threads ?
He’s playing next year you whinners, and so he should.

Cooney…IF he is still playing like this in 10 weeks, he gets a 1 year deal, he HAS to.

Gwilt…worried about him.
Will play most games this year, but I have reservations about 2017.

Hartley…struggled tonight, but he’s been good.
Unfortunately, looks like he’ll miss a few.
Positive from this…Michael now probably gets a go (is he the last top up to play seniors) ?

Typical performances from Parish and Tippa tonight.
Such a positive in a bleak season.
Langers didn’t have a good game tonight, but is showing good signs almost every week.

Thought Jamar was OK, but not sure how he fits with Loony coming back.
Semi permanent forward ?

Gleeson…this won’t be popular, and will sound premature for a guy only 21, who has yet to play 40 games.
However, I do not believe he will make it at this level.
Does not have a body for AFL.
Since he has put on weight {cue the jokes}, he has lost everything that made him an exciting prospect when he came on the scene.
That killer sidestep…almost non existent now.
Covering the ground…hmmm, not sure, looks half a step slower.
The catch 22 was that he needed the 5-6 kgs in order to compete at the level.
IMO, in 3 years time he will slim down a bit, and play at a lower level (like the SANFL).

Ambrose…something to work with as a defender.

Edwards…was hoping for more excitement tonight, but we know he will get a decent block of games of 3 or 4, so more chances to impress.

Dempsey’s in career best form since ANZAC Day.
Well done.I had my doubts on him pre season.
Not now !

Dea solid again.Really hope we draft him.
JD was okay tonight and kicked 2 straight.
Brown continues to hit the scoreboard, and exciting things happen when Fanta is near the ball.

I’m still excited by the remaining 12 rounds.
Eades and Long will get a game at some stage this year.
Laverde is ready for AFL footy, and is almost over his injury.
Francis will probably play seniors within 1-2 months.

Grima, Jerrett and Stokes give us some options in the upcoming weeks.

It’s not all bad, but I must concede, even my emotions boiled over a couple of times in the match day thread.
Luckily, I did not go FULL ACEMAN :smiley:

Tigers supporters are the worst. I only noticed them in the last 10 minutes of the game. Where the ■■■■ are they? ■■■■ club…Trains packed with essendon colours. Chuck some more helmets on you weak flogs.