Match review. Hawks victim 1

Hahahahaha… nah you were never on ignore. And I can’t resist being a smartarse.

4 Likes

I forgot to mention that live games play fine through the app on my phone/iPad.

What I’m trying to do is watch replays from my PC (so I can view through my smart tv).

I’ve logged into the Afl site using my Telstra ID which works, but to watch replays, its asking me to subscribe and pay $100 a year.

that being the primary function of the interwebs.

1 Like

thanks, but didnt buy anything. As a Telstra customer we get free access to live games and replays on the AFL App (tablet and phone).

I’m trying to watch replays on my PC via the Afl website.

I got the message that my subscription had expired and that i had to pay to renew but when i went through the renewal process, it let me do it for free again. I’m a Telstra customer.

Phone/tablet only my friend. Doesn’t work on PC. Unless you can be bothered with installing third party software and doing it that way. I don’t now what exactly that is though.

@alex.f.94 mentioned a YouTube channel that has full game uploads.

…and I just found the post. AFLNinja.

CAn anyone please pm me a replay link? Thanks

1 Like

Really rated Staton’s game. Look forward to watching him this year, he will be a real asset towards the end of the game with his running capacity.

To think how much improvement individuals have…

1 Like

Work is a great place to be today.

Although it sucks to discover people hate Hawthorn more than Essendon. Hopefully we can change that.

1 Like

Chic at work who is a Hawk is not dealing particularly well with Essendon scarves (not my handiwork) on desks and me kitted out in an EFC polo shirt. I offered her some wine and cheese to go with her sour grapes. No answer. This is brilliant!

22 Likes

The Hawks may prove not to be a great side this year, ut they were big favourites going into the game.
And it wasnt just that we won that puts us in good stead, it’s the manner in which we won.
Every one of our guys played well, we gelled as a team, we negated their stars, we ran out the game, our skills were fantastic for round 1, we were hard and physical, and we broke them. With 10 mins to go Hawks had given up and didnt want to play.
Also, watching a few other games on the weekend our game seemed the fastest paced and highly skilled, Hawks did enough to beat half the teams that were winners this weekend.

5 Likes

Monday morning and it’s still ■■■■■■■ awesome.

20 Likes

I agree with this.
At the game it was like waiting for Essington to show up.
Waiting to be overrun.
Hoping, but not expecting.
Watching the replay, it’s remarkable how controlled and measured we were.

13 Likes

I had a good view of this one. Gleeson was coming in to contest the ball but Hooker had clearly shouted that he had it, so Gleeson pulled up. A second later, Vickery came careening through to try and spoil, but cleaned up Gleeson on the way through. Umpire called Gleeson for “shepherding” Vickery out of the contest. Stupid.

Aussie rules is the only sport in the world where you can be penalised for what the umpire thinks your intention was.

2 Likes

Hawthorn fans have a crippling inability to handle things not going the way they expect (not just in football, but also life in general). It’s brilliant to watch.

3 Likes

My Mum was saying on the train home to Lilydale that the entire carriage was singing the club song pretty much the whole way back! Can never recall that happening before!

But to the game, it was a soul-cleansing win. It took me back to when I was a kid, that was a true Essendon performance from the 80s and 90s. Brash, aggressive, exciting and more importantly, plenty of goals. I wasn’t sure what to expect going to the game Saturday Night, but I looked at our midfield and also the Hawks midfield and thought ours was superior. It turned out to be the case. We have a serious unit that is deep. Players like Zaka, Goddard and Stants are now almost peripheral figures there. Jobe, Hepps, Zerrett and Darc is the A-Team, add the aforementioned trio as the second liners, and your “burst” players like Trav and a little bit of Raz and Walla and you have nearly all bases covered in terms of inside and outside. The forward line functioned as well as it ever has post Lucas/Lloyd. hooker as the anchor forward gave us a presence deep all night, it allowed Joey to roam a bit further around the 50m arc. The smalls, Green, Walla and Raz all added some bite. Deefensively we held up well enough. The doubts on Bags were a little premature, he was immense. Hurls got better as the game wore on, and will only get better with the more matches he plays. McGrath solid on debut and looked a 100-gamer, Kelly carried on as he finished 2016, but for me Paddy Ambrose was the unsung hero. His reinvention in defence has surprised me, and I didn’t think he’d get a game ahead of Matty Dea, but he was sensational and actually picked up a decent amount of ball himself.

All in all, it was the perfect way to start the new campaign. It was euphoric, but the boys need to get back to business and focus on Brissy up there.

14 Likes

Please don’t mess up our great work and lose to those muppets this week

9 Likes

Gleeson looked straight at Vickery and blocked him, it was a free. If someone had done that to JD and no free was paid we’d be going mental

9 Likes

Hartley deserves a mention. Kills the ball in the air and is tough as nails.

12 Likes

Surprise!

3 Likes