Match review. Hawks victim 1

Ty Vickery had more “rubs elbow in face” then he did possessions or marks

4 Likes

Those Muppets gave up 74 inside 50s and got hammered at the clearances. They won on the back of jumping GC by 7 goals to zip in the first 15 minutes. They kicked 8 more for the rest of the game.

They don’t have a high quality key forward or a high quality key defender. They have rocky, beams and Zorko who will cause trouble if we let then run their own raise.

Our backline should be well on top and if we break even in the middle we should win comfortably.

Nothing can be taken for granted of course but I think it is great they got up in round 1. I think that we will not have forgotten the appalling performance we turned in last year against them and will absolutely smoke them (touch wood).

I’m expecting a pretty healthy % rolling into Rd 4.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Good to meet you wob, if only very briefly. Grog squad was mad at the end. And sorry to the bloke I slapped on the back when Heppell nailed that set shot - was a bit excited.

4 Likes

Likewise mate, it got pretty hectic at the end haha

Green to kick 6.

1 Like

So courageous.

At least Green can’t destroy us this year, oh wait they still have Rich to play his annual blinder :grinning:

1 Like

That was me… sad what happen to the guy, luckily there was a nurse nearby, he eventually got up on his own two feet and walked down to the medico’s…
He must of had a seizure from all the excitement I’d say…

1 Like

The thing I really loved was the last quarter… every time they got a goal, we had an almost immediate reply. So many times we’ve had that done to us over the last few years, was great to dish it out.

I said after our third JLT game that the only thing that mattered was that we showed we’d fixed our forward line issues. Glad to see that play out in the season proper.

2 Likes

Got the replay going again. In third Cyril soccer’s the ball straight to Ambrose uncontested. The call was “clever play by Cyril”

■■■■ ing lol

8 Likes

We have a very very good round 1 record.

7 Likes

“interesting” that whenever Hawthorn loose it’s that they stuffed up according to their coach rather than being outplayed.

Clarkson has proven to be a great coach but when it comes to sportsmanship he is rock bottom.

He is an angry squib.

3 Likes

Pops going through Bruest in the 4th

Delicious

16 Likes

Looking forward to his head exploding this year once he realises that Vickery is, well, Vickery.

2 Likes

Better than Goldstein and Gawn?

I still haven’t got my voice back yet.

7 Likes

I listened to his presser and I thought he was fine. Praised Essendon and even mentioned the depth we have coming through, including players that didn’t even play Saturday night (Francis).

19 Likes

I thought his presser was fair enough. They were right in that game until 10 kins to go, if they had converted a few of those points into goals we would have had a lot more pressure on us.
And its not all about us, the media will be quick to give him hell if they lose a couple more, along with the supporters, and if he gives us too much praise then he isn’t acknowledging the hawks have to improve.

Anyone have a gif of Kelly delivering that tackle? Great hit…

People might forget that the Cats & Hawks don’t like each other much from the last 10 or so years,so Kelly probably dislikes them just as much as the Bombers do

5 Likes