Match Review Thread - Ben "bad boy" Ainsworth come on down!

Weitering down in the goal square reminded me of Dulcify in the (1979?) Melbourne Cup. I was waiting for the screen to come out, at least it would have added some excitement to the game.

Grimley, Stokes, Dea out. McKenna, Baugley, McKernan in.

again it is what is it, however

Something is getting lost in transition. Worsfold main msg so far has been, he wants to get guys prepared week in week out to play the same every week no matter what the opposition.

So far out of 9 games (including preseason) there’s only been 3 games where the team as a whole has turned up to play from the first bounce.
That’s simply just not good enough IMO.

Yes it’s a ■■■■■■ situation blah blah, but there should always be non negotiables, and atm they aren’t getting met. The defensive running is atrocious, the workrate defensive is the same.
Forget the top ups, it’s not only or just them. It’s listed guys as well, and it sets a bad precedent that is hard to un train going forward.

Losing cos you’re not good enough but giving it a red hot go, totally different and acceptable, esp in our current situation.

Another concerning issue is still the forwardline. The only plan they seem to have to try and score goals is flood back and try and run it out of defence. The 3-4 quick players who can break through just aren’t able to do it enough, and the rest are slower players on the decline, so they don’t have the speed, nor quick thinking they used to or the skill level.
It falls apart more often than not cos they don’t have anyone staying in our forwardline.

So again, something is missing the mark, the msg isn’t getting through at present and something has to change. These aren’t world beaters making us look 4th division rate, these are bottom 6-8 sides who are smashing us from the first bounce.

Skipworth is worse as a coach than he was as a player

Mitch Brown has as much talent as he has muscle

When is the last time the captain got dropped. No point yelling at everyone else Goddard if you own performance is not up to scratch

When the game was on the line, carltons leaders stood up- ours went missing.

Simpkin is a truck and that is being as nice as i possibly can

That performance was worse than anzac day.

So many players that aren’t fit to wear the jumper

Nah.

TO pretty much all of that.

What parts were incorrect?

These bits.

Skipworth is worse as a coach than he was as a player

Mitch Brown has as much talent as he has muscle

When is the last time the captain got dropped. No point yelling at everyone else Goddard if you own performance is not up to scratch

When the game was on the line, carltons leaders stood up- ours went missing.

Simpkin is a truck and that is being as nice as i possibly can

That performance was worse than anzac day.

So many players that aren’t fit to wear the jumper

Too many basic errors, and can we please get some small forwards to stay at the feet of the contests deep in our forward line! ■■■■■■ frustrating watching their small backs run the ball out with ease.

That’s one.
Smalls in front of the contest.
But it’s a long, long list of U/16 rules we don’t follow.

Goddard going for the mark and allowing Carlton to mark 45 out was a no brainer as well.
Go the punch instead of trying to be fancy.

Doesn’t look great when you whinge about a free kick that wasn’t there, either.
Yep. Punch in defence. There’s U/16 rule 2.
But Gwilt was worse. Someone must have told him he was a contested mark champion before the game.

But why not throw in a couple more?
Don’t handball to a stationary player.
Handballing to a stationary ruckmen gets you dropped.

Forwards, lead at the ball-carrier, demand the ball.
Keep your feet.
Always, always, always keep the ball in front of you, especially in defence.
Keep your opponent boundary side of the goal.

There’s next week’s training for you, Woosha.

Dempsey was better, but I still think we say thank you for service at the end of the season.

Cooney’s best game for the club, but I still think we say thank you for service at the end of the season

If you can’t get a game in this side you’re also cut and we go to the draft.

This was the easiest Carlton loss to experience ever however.

I get so sick of watching forwards run away from the ball carrier. There was a moment where stokes had it on the wing with 3 one on ones ahead him. All three turned and tried to run back into 50, not one hit up to the ball. FMD!

how much longer do we have to put up with that.

Weitering down in the goal square reminded me of Dulcify in the (1979?) Melbourne Cup. I was waiting for the screen to come out, at least it would have added some excitement to the game.

Like I said in the game thread - the common potatoes were yakking on about how the game should be stopped cos he was down near our attacking goal square in the hands of their trainers

Then I guess they figured no real danger

Loved it when Darcy was giving it to the ump

Honestly as horrible as that was to watch, I quite enjoyed having a laugh in the stands. With almost a full strength side, the scum are comically bad.
We were obviously rubbish too, but at least we tackled and had a real crack this week.

I’m a bit shocked at how not angry I am after that. Just shows where we’re at this year I guess.

I’ve never felt as unmoved by a loss to that mob as I was today. It still stings, but not in that angry, miserable way I remember from years past.

We didn’t lose by a lot and have a bunch of decent players to return next year. I hope we win every week, but this year is about development and positioning ourselves for a crack from next year. It was a messy, ugly game, and full of frustrating moments that often verged on the comical, but at other times moments that give hope and encouragement. Langford was excellent, Parish soldiered on, and Fanta has something special - it’ll click sometime and the little errors in his game will be ironed out. Hartley’s a keeper, Walla is Walla, and that was Brown’s best game today.

Next year we’ll flog them by 10 goals. Just remember that.

What number am I up to?
We’ll say 6.

#6. If you bump instead of tackle in defence I will personally rip your nads off and feed them to my dog.

Listed guys like Ashby and Edwards seriously should give it away if they can’t get game.

I can’t have losing with trucks like Simpkin and Crowley in the side ahead of players who should be playing for their careers.

They were down to 3 on the bench for the majority of the game and they still overran us

Seriously I can’t understand the doom and gloom on BB. 2017 add 8-10 automatic first 22 selections, 1 No. 1 Draft pick 1 or 2 additional top 20 picks, plus the No.1 pick in the pre-season draft and what have you got? with the experience Fantasia, Parish, Langford, Laverde (if can get fit) are getting plus finding players like Hartley, Tippa and Long, the toughest decision next year will be who to drop off the list.

The top ups and senior players are cacca

I didn’t allow myself to get emotionally involved as I knew my already unstable and fragile mind couldn’t handle the inevitable loss to these clowns.

So I feel good right now.

Ok, so worsfold and bolton have been in the job for the same amount of time and no matter what else you think… woosha has probably had a more skilfull list to choose from.

You can see FC’s identity growing, you can see the plan - even if they don’t have the skill or talent yet.

What, after 9 games played thus far, do you believe our style is under Woosha? Right now I think you could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers and that is the key to half the problem. To that end, just like last week, I am not blaming the coach singular… but rather attempting to understand what we are hoping to achieve this season.

My goal wasn’t win/loss but I did want to see the beginning of our future. I wanted to be confident in how we planned to address our well known and long term forward issues. I wanted to see our plan for defensive pressure and spread (web/cluster/press/flood) and begin to understand how we would stamp ourselves on this competition for the next ten years.

Right now I feel disappointed because we don’t appear to be learning anything or improving in any manner. We truly are treading water with some fanciful dream that we get ‘12’ superstars back next year and all will be right again. I hope Woosha has the strength to pull this ship around and face reality.

The top ups and senior players are cacca

That’s how you do a match report.