Match review thread Vs Pies

Cloke must have really ■■■■■■ Buckley off. Would have been the perfect day to play himself back into form the way let them dictate the game.

Dud of a day for most concerned.

Rubbish scheduling, low turn-up, huge early departure (Pies and Dons equally), dead game, dead crowd from the start.

The most notable thing was our tiny cheer squad (plus some behind) was sooooo much louder and more involved than the Pie morass. Good stuff.

Debut Long, Eades and Redman next week please. Play Ambrose, Simpkin and Crowley too.

Drop Irish, Gleeson, Grim, Dea, Stokes and Gwilt.

Razza is a find. Going to be a really damaging line-breaking midfielder when he tidies up his disposal a little bit (ala Colyer). Like.
Zerrett and Parish are both going to be deadset stars and they try their guts out all day.
Langford showed some flashes in the clinches.
Appreciate Zaka’s effort this year, he’s standing up as a leader.
Hartley was pretty good today again.
Leuey has impressed me with his second efforts at ground level, has always been class when able to stay on the park.

Really have to swallow some of these losses this year and hope the 12 come back and we can field a pretty fkg good side in 2017, with 4-5 youngsters we found this year.

Fkg disappointed but there are some positives

I can summarise this match in 4 words:

Cannot hit a target.

I think just about everyone was an offender. A few positives:

Fantasia good again, Langford played one of his better games, Parish played one of his poorer games but was still quite good and Grimley was ok.

We are a team of fill ins, kids and unproven entities (exclusions are Goddard, Luenberger, Cooney and Dempsey), games like this are bound to happen from time to time.

Parish showed he is a Rolls-Royce midfielder today. Not many 18 year old players start that poorly and still can have a decent game, that is something you expect from a 100 game player not a 5 game player.

Just for something different next year, make the entire team suit up and go to a dawn service.

Stuff this ‘elite players need to sleep’ rubbish, get up at 4am and go. Lets face it, nothing else has worked. We are never up for ANZAC day.

Perhaps then they will understand what it is all about…

We don't have a fken team. I don't know what people expect.

The midfield engine room is empty.

Besides Zaharakis, who is there?

Parish and Merret are young and tired. The rest aren’t at the level.

Stop being ■■■■■■ and accept we don’t have the quality to keep up.

Saying that we will beat Carlton.

You trying to make excuses. The filth embraces the emotion of the ANZAC day and meaning, we don’t. This has been going on for years. No excuses.
I don’t mind us losing but with no heart, soul and respect that first half was a disgrace. They didn’t show any fight what so ever. My club doesn’t know the meaning of ANZAC…disgraceful. This is a sacred day and this club never seems to want to show courage on this day. I’m a Vietnam veteran, lost my best mate in Vietnam.
I’m embarrassed and ashamed of my teams performance today.

Smashed them in clearances and had only 5 less inside 50’s yet were embarrassed.
Probably on 5-6 guys who can hold their head up high.
Kelly was solid and showed a heap of poise, one of our best.
Bird’s best game for the club, does a lot of grunt work, needs to tidy up his disposal.
Love Fanta and he had a good game but he needs to take on responsibility and kick those goals, gave off 3 or 4 that were very kickable, one of the few that wasn’t over awed by the day though.
Looney very good again and busts his gut all day.
Hartley also impressed me, took some good grabs and has some real strength, would love to see him use his boot more though.
Gleeson and Dempsey just horrid today, Marty really needs a spell and I just don’t think we can carry McKenna.
Needs to be atleast 3 changes next week

How the fk can a team of professionals not turn up mentally from the first bounce. That first qtr was disgusting. The game was over by the 25min mark

Another anzac day another awful performance

Embarrassing being this embarrassed by one of the sides who have so far been embarrassingly embarrassing themselves.

:wink:

We were always going to play at that kind of level today. Sure we could have been better defensively. But I felt before the game, that we would bring our typical game and it was going to be up to Collingwood to beat us.
They did. They put a lot of pressure on us all over the ground, and we fell to pieces. If we played Collingwood at any time the last few weeks, we probably would have beaten them. I never thought that it was up to us to win, I genuinely thought it was Collingwoods game to lose.

Unfortunately they copped it all week in the media. So they were fired up.

They were on early and we couldn’t handle the pressure and kept turning the ball over in our D50. Grundie giving them first use of the ball didn’t help; probably the first time this year Leuenberger had his colours lowered but he fought the game out very well - as did the entire team. In the end we managed to win the clearances which is remarkable given where things were at at QT.

Worsfold needs to be as hard on Gleason as he was on Jackson Merrett - Gleason was easily our worst player. I would also seriously look at bringing in Grima for Gwilt who turned the ball over way too often when under no pressure. I thought Hartley was excellent as was Kelly. Walla good. Dea average but Howe did little. Baguley has had better games.

Parish and Langford would have learnt plenty spending time on Sidebottom & Pendelbury today.

Good to see a number of younger players finish the game well and not stop who couldn’t get near it early - Parish & McKenna in particular. Along with Walla, McKenna is the best short pass in the team and gave some good run in the midfield in the last quarter.

Very disappointed in Dempsey & Cooney’s games for experienced players. Dempsey’s kicking in the last quarter under no pressure (twice) was a disgrace. Cost us a goal to him and an easy mark to Daniher (who again was regularly manhandled for no free kick). Goddard & Bird solid, the latter getting better with each outing. Grimley was much more productive up forward than Ambrose and should hold his place in the team. Mitch Brown spoilt what would have been an excellent game at CHF by missing 3 set shots from within 30m.

Once Fantasia gets a bit more composure with ball in hand and improves 5% he is going to be something special.

Days like today were going to happen, we all knew that coming into this season. But we did not give up and despite wasting at least 4-5 easy chances for goal we managed to win the second half. And get more games in to a young group of players who will be in our next premiership tilt: Zach Merrett, Langford, Parish, Walla, McKenna, Hartley, Daniher. I hesitate to put Gleason into that group because I have seen him fail badly under pressure too often with the opportunities he has had.

Missing ambrose

I thought Grimley gave us more than Ambrose does. Kicked 2 goals as well.

Yep, and I think he does a better job in the ruck, and I think Brown is a better 3rd tall, but we need more speed in the small brigade down there

Don’t get the calls to see McKenna dropped, what for? Lack of effort, lack of skill, was he supposed to gather 10 or 12 possessions in the first half when the ball was coming into the forward line after having zigzagged around the midfield like a pinball allowing 16 Collingwood blokes back to clog up space. Let him learn the system at the highest level, doesn’t strike me as a guy to drop his bundle if he makes mistakes, in fact thought he did some nice things in the second half when he seemed to move upfield and gave a bit of run.

getting a dvd for the kids and have chosen chicken run for some reason.
Could easily have been falling down.

David J Richardson Relevant Avatar King 6:07PM Flag

Match review/rant thread:

http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/3780/match-review-thread-vs-pies

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3920570/why-don-t-we-have-both-o.gif

… One for the sensible and one for the frantic?

Can somebody please tell gleeson, you have the physique of a 11 year old boy, do not under any circumstances try to break a tackle, just give it off at the first option ffs

Have to say, after that first 1/4 I fully expected to lose by 100+ easily. So to only end up losing by 69 is not too bad in comparison. Sadly the good news stops there in reality.

Have to say, after that first 1/4 I fully expected to lose by 100+ easily. So to only end up losing by 69 is not too bad in comparison. Sadly the good news stops there in reality.

we had a key forward who kicked 2 straight.

thats pretty good.