Match review thread Vs Pies

Game over, we lost. Let’s not dwell on it. Bring on Fark carlton.

At halftime both sides had 27 inside 50’s each,and we were down by 70odd points

We have no structure to our forward line, and nobody in there who can stick a tackle.

It goes in and goes back out with interest

Well that was embarrassing.

Don't get the calls to see McKenna dropped, what for? Lack of effort, lack of skill,

Because he played a ■■■■ game two weeks in a row. Better to learn and get confidence in the vfl like what we do with Edwards than play with the afl.

Well that was embarrassing.

Meh, a good stinger never hurt a mindset, if it’s used properly, … and I expect it will be.

I fractured my elbow today and it's not the worst thing that happened.

Is that before or after everyone in the AFL world was jizzing over Mason Cox’s debut?

btw, who was on sidearse in that first quarter? if its Bags then wow, he better step up or this year will hurt his career.

Don't get the calls to see McKenna dropped, what for? Lack of effort, lack of skill,

Because he played a ■■■■ game two weeks in a row. Better to learn and get confidence in the vfl like what we do with Edwards than play with the afl.

This 100%.
Panics with the ball and just looks lost out there. Hasn’t got up to speed with the increase in tempo between VFL and AFL.

At least we kicked over ten goals.

Its what the AFL wanted and its what the AFL got. An embarrassment on a day that is supposed to mean something.

Well… at least our VFL side won by more than our AFL team lost… that something… right?

Depends on your definition of **** , under your criteria Daniher would also be doing a Cloke next week and that’s a guy with 10 times the experience.

At halftime both sides had 27 inside 50's each,and we were down by 70odd points

We have no structure to our forward line, and nobody in there who can stick a tackle.

I agree our forward line is a massive issue. But if we think that delivery, and that style of play is enough to keep us in the game… We’re soundly mistaken.

We don't have a fken team. I don't know what people expect.

The midfield engine room is empty.

Besides Zaharakis, who is there?

Parish and Merret are young and tired. The rest aren’t at the level.

Stop being ■■■■■■ and accept we don’t have the quality to keep up.

Saying that we will beat Carlton.

You trying to make excuses. The filth embraces the emotion of the ANZAC day and meaning, we don’t. This has been going on for years. No excuses.
I don’t mind us losing but with no heart, soul and respect that first half was a disgrace. They didn’t show any fight what so ever. My club doesn’t know the meaning of ANZAC…disgraceful. This is a sacred day and this club never seems to want to show courage on this day. I’m a Vietnam veteran, lost my best mate in Vietnam.
I’m embarrassed and ashamed of my teams performance today.

With all due respect Sir, I don’t believe the war and on field performance in AFL are relatable topics.

I don’t want to push on but please don’t let an undermanned and unfairly treated Essendon side full of kids lets you get down.

We will come back stronger and better.

It’s only a game of footy and next week we will beat up Carlton :slight_smile:

Depends on your definition of **** , under your criteria Daniher would also be doing a Cloke next week and that’s a guy with 10 times the experience.

To be honest if i was the coach, i would have send him the backline and maybe even drop him. Grim and Brown played a much better game than he did.

If i was Freo I would go hard to try and get him being down on form and out of contract.

We are a very ordinary team at best. We need teams to play below there best to compete with them. Pies came to play, and our lack of pressure and talent showed. Our skills were crap today, constantly missing targets. Killed in centre clearances, and forwards always leading to pressured entries. Hard to have any structure when the ball is always butchered coming in. Felt sorry for the forwards.
Move in to next week. This year is always going hurt!

At halftime both sides had 27 inside 50's each,and we were down by 70odd points

In fairness they must have broken the world record for score return for inside 50s.
They were right on today and this was the kind of loss we expected to see at times this year. Just a shame it happened today.
A few positives in the second half. Langford, Fantasia and Parish all fought on well.
It’ll happen again.

Essendon should get an American.

I thought Grimley and Brown both presented pretty well today. Both heaps better than Joe, who continues to disappoint.
That attempted kick off the ground has to be a low point in his career so far. It was a gift, where his opponent attacked the footy, overran it, and left Joe to turn, run onto it, and kick a goal. How he turned that into an attempt, and miss, to kick it off the ground from about 30 out, I just can’t fathom. Even Jay Neagle would have emerged from behind the point post to run onto that.
But I digress.
The forward line in the 2nd half at least was reasonable, and Brown and Grimley both were ok without being great. Grimley was ok in the ruck as well.

You all realise that we don’t actually have anyone to replace the ones you’re calling to be dropped