Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Given our picks, this thread is now very relevant!

4 Likes

Kelly and Schloithe please.

Insta midfield

Surely theyā€™ll go before pick 48 in this ā€œweakā€ draft?

2 Likes

Canā€™t be bothered posting it anywhere else but we are into ben miller and have had a couple of discussions with him. Tall ruckman/key forward from over here, plays for Subiaco. Iā€™m related to him

Our interest with ninyette is still around the mark too

11 Likes

The Ben Miller who was in the early seasons of Death in Paradise and was Alexander Armstrongā€™s comedy partner?

Canā€™t see it myself.

I think youā€™d be right. Kelly got an invite to the national combine, and West Coast have loaded up on picks this year for a rebuild.
Unfortunate, Kelly would be a handy addition.

Any specials for this year benfti?
Must be about time for his annual thread.

1 Like

Anything you could tell us about either blokes?

Yep, youā€™d think WCE would snaffle him unfortunately. Sounds exactly the type we want (not slow, inside/outside, good disposal).

Cool. I love me my talented HFF players. Here is what I had on him earlier in the thread:

Just about there, and given our new draft position Iā€™m having a lot of fun with this one now.

And for those wondering yes Sambono and Dom Grant are there.

2 Likes

Here is one I baked - sorry, prepared earlier.

3 Likes

Ben Miller. 18yo 196cm? Seems more a ruck by reading a couple of things. Can he play KP? And is he taller than 196 now?

If he was an athletic 196 who could play KP Iā€™d be keen. Basically if he was a younger McKernan with a shorter neck!

Combine invite, so clearly a chance. 2.91 20m spring, 8.10 agility, 30/30 goalkicking.

1 Like

Iā€™d be looking closely at a few of the 2016 draft that got passed over. Seems to have been a strong draft and so guys may have looked poorer for having played in a talented bunch.

Bailey Banfield perhapsā€¦overlooked, 188/87, gone at 25 ppg 5 tackles per game in the WAFL

So him, Miller who you mentioned, on Big Footy someone mentioned Sam Walker, there was Scharenberg who was considered unlucky, Iā€™m sure there are more from that crop who might be worth a look at.

Scharenberg was expected to go top 20 or 30.
Undrafted

Someone will take him in the rookie draft.
No.

There must be some major deficiency all 18 clubs have identified. And heā€™s not a tall player who takes a while to come through.

All the phantom drafters on BigFooty mean jackshit. They, and the journalists who predict, donā€™t draft for a living.

I didnā€™t say we should draft him, I just said we should have a second look at that draft class for maybe some hidden gems.

Iā€™d add especially anyone who missed a chunk due to injuries.

1 Like

I vaguely recall the issue with Scharenberg was that he didnā€™t have enough talent to make up for his personality.

4 Likes

Kind of not Ants point though. We arent talking about people from last year, weā€™re talking about how people have progressed 12 months later.

Sam Mitchell also went undrafted as am 18yo.

Or for an example closer to our hearts Tippa went undrafted for years. Does that mean benfti knew jacksh*t, and then he didnā€™t?

1 Like