Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

We use try Bogat. He has often joked he’d love to play for his beloved Bombers.

Leunberger is back in Perth and starts full time work on Monday - He’s already transitioned away from footy.

2 Likes
1 Like

I read that article, and it makes me really want to give Marlion a go at AFL level.

1 Like

I want both of them, throw in Sydney Stack and they’d all give each other some good support and motivation

2 Likes

Every year Ben Cavarra’s name comes up and every year I’m not into him, except for this year. He was never going to make it as an short inside mid but credit to Andy Collins for transforming him into a super competitive small forward with elite pace who hits the scoreboard and can join midfield rotations.

1 Like

Still really want Mitch Grigg. Odds of him lasting till our second pick?

Got a feeling he might not get selected at all

Would seem astonishing given mature age talent getting picked up more commonly now.

He’s won last two SANFL best player medal yeah? Has to be a team that would have a place for him.

Unfortunately teams are looking for 185cm elite athletes rather than pure footballers. Funny thing is most weeks he spends the most time on the ground despite playing as a pure mid and as you could see from the GF footage he was sprinting and getting to the right spots in the final quarter as easily as he was at the start

Tom Mitchell literally just won a Brownlow, surely teams can’t be that dense

1 Like

I agree. Grigg would kill Mitchell for pace and possibly endurance. I thought the Suns would be a good fit but they just delisted Barlow who was still getting 30+ touches.

2 Likes

Mitch would also do more damage by foot, if we didn’t end up getting Shiel, I’d be frothing for Grigg.

And the Suns are still enamoured by flashy outside types, they seem reluctant to play Lyons and Barlow

I’d love to see Nick Hind given an opportunity. Can he keep on improving like he has been? If so then look out. Suits our style perfectly. We already trouble sides with the run of Saad and McKenna. Imagine adding Hind to the mix

2 Likes

I’ve not seen a heap of VFL footy. Does Hind contribute much defensively? Or is he more of an attacking option providing drive off HB?
I love seeing guys who’ve worked exceptionally hard at VFL level get an opportunity. But does he really fit our needs? Is Hind better than Ridley, Mutch, Redman, Gleeson or McNiece?
Hope he gets picked up. Just not sure our list needs another light HB, when we’ve got a few good prospects on the list already.

1 Like

I’m sure there is a gif of him running some poor sob down

I won’t pretend to be an expert. I only watched our finals series this year but from what I did see I was impressed. I see him as more of a wingman though. Correct me if I’m wrong. Looking through his stats over the course of the year he had quite a few games mid to high 20s in disposals, particularly in the second half of the season, so he certainly knows how to find the footy

I love the way Hind takes the game on, and is a genuine “linebreaker” but perhaps not with laser precision disposal ( I recognise its hard to be accurate when running at 30+km/hr.) He did not contribute much defensively maybe because he played an outside role in the VFL side. I hope he gets his chance at the higher level.

2 Likes

He’s played forward a bit over the years, obviously was needed 100% in the guts for Frankston because they sucked, but he’s always been a goalkicker.
I would be interested to see how he tests - suspect he’s not actually that fast. Does everything else right (other than height obviously) - hard worker, finds plenty of it, decent kick.
I could see him having a Puopolo type impact.

1 Like

What I’ve seen of him, not great in packs or tackling.
Legitimate question as to him adding anything in areas where we already have depth.
Not sure if he has much development in him.
Prefer Neagle.