Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

So, who seem to be the top handful of draft prospects from the state leagues this year?

Luke Ryan (Coburg)- only state league player invited to the draft combine. Well rounded half back flank. Good skills & dash.
Brett Eddy (South Adelaide). Goal kicking machine, key forward.
Liam Ryan (Subiaco) Excitement machine small forward.
Darcy Cameron (Claremont) 21 year old 204cm who seems to dominate.

Any other main contenders?

FFS Sam Menegola has been brilliant for the Cats this year, taken at pick 66. What a steal. FFS

Also got the ex power bloke shaw killing it

Wanted Matheson and Menegola but not to be

Zane Kirkwood won the Magarey Medalā€¦and is that DJRā€™s man-child NOB finishing 2nd?

Canā€™t find the article online, but the HS last Saturday were claiming we were one of three or four clubs interested in Luke Ryan from Coburg and also mentioned we were interested in Casey ruck Oscar McInerney (21y/o, 203cm, 100kg) who won the VFL reserves B&F medal this season.

Can't find the article online, but the HS last Saturday were claiming we were one of three or four clubs interested in Luke Ryan from Coburg and also mentioned we were interested in Casey ruck Oscar McInerney (21y/o, 203cm, 100kg) who won the VFL reserves B&F medal this season.

Wow that is interesting actually. It makes sense that we are after a physically developed ruckman but one who played VFL Dev league? That is surprising. Youā€™d think theyā€™d prefer someone who is youngish but playing very good footy for state league seniors (VFL, WAFL, SANFL etc). Might have a lot of development left in him.

Luke Ryan would be a perfect fit given his class, run off half back line and good stature. Funny thing was, we actually cut him from our own VFL team this pre-season before he went to Coburg lol.

I just remembered BIG FRASER THURLOW haha

Can't find the article online, but the HS last Saturday were claiming we were one of three or four clubs interested in Luke Ryan from Coburg and also mentioned we were interested in Casey ruck Oscar McInerney (21y/o, 203cm, 100kg) who won the VFL reserves B&F medal this season.

Wow that is interesting actually. It makes sense that we are after a physically developed ruckman but one who played VFL Dev league? That is surprising. Youā€™d think theyā€™d prefer someone who is youngish but playing very good footy for state league seniors (VFL, WAFL, SANFL etc). Might have a lot of development left in him.

Luke Ryan would be a perfect fit given his class, run off half back line and good stature. Funny thing was, we actually cut him from our own VFL team this pre-season before he went to Coburg lol.

Lol he won the Dev league off about 10 games
Iirc starting the year in Montrose reserves (yes, you read right), played a game or 2 in the ones there, about a dozen in the VFL 2s and has been playing VFL 1s since
Kicked a goal or 2 in a final on the weekend

edit looks like Iā€™ve crammed a few seasons into 1
Hereā€™s his EFL record http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=192599952&client=1-722-12950-344163-14693654
And VFL this year http://sportingpulse.com/nfnn/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=201502329&client=1-118-10449-392693-8069487&ocompID=392693

Zane Kirkwood won the Magarey Medal...and is that DJR's man-child NOB finishing 2nd?
Yes it is.

Well done to Nick Oā€™Brien for coming second in the Magarey Medal and lining up in the SANFL Grand Final this weekend for the Eagles.

WSPHU!

ā€œMature Iā€™d Like To Recruitā€ has a familiar ring to it

Iirc starting the year in Montrose reserves (yes, you read right), played a game or 2 in the ones there, about a dozen in the VFL 2s and has been playing VFL 1s since

Hereā€™s his EFL record http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=192599952&client=1-722-12950-344163-14693654
And VFL this year http://sportingpulse.com/nfnn/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=201502329&client=1-118-10449-392693-8069487&ocompID=392693

Unbelievable! What a story that would be. Coming with a rush!

Donā€™t we all !

Donā€™t we all !

Lol :wink:

Melbourne pick 57- Aaron Heppell. Thanks Dons :wink:

Who said "Jimmy Bartel, heā€™d be company for Pop Kelly " ?

Melbourne pick 57- Aaron Heppell. Thanks Dons ;)

If that happens I hope we get Paul Little back to buy Melbourne FC

Brett Eddy has been linked to Port well ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Yeah I saw that. Heā€™d be a smart get by them given Schulz retirement/delisting.

I like him and by most peopleā€™s informed reckoning he is capable of making the grade. Our need for him isnā€™t as great as some other clubs now though but wouldnā€™t be opposed to taking him.

Who said "Jimmy Bartel, he'd be company for Pop Kelly " ?
I thought Bartel had been given a position at Geelong.

Yeah I saw that. Heā€™d be a smart get by them given Schulz retirement/delisting.

I like him and by most peopleā€™s informed reckoning he is capable of making the grade. Our need for him isnā€™t as great as some other clubs now though but wouldnā€™t be opposed to taking him.

With the acquisition of Stewart Iā€™d be looking at a mature ruck before a mature KPF (which I was all for before we got Stewart).

With the acquisition of Stewart Iā€™d be looking at a mature ruck before a mature KPF (which I was all for before we got Stewart).

What need do we have for a mature ruck? Leuey, Bellchambers, McKernan, then Gach. Weā€™re well enough stocked there to not need to use a pick on a 3rd string mature ruck.
Reckon Eddy could be a good selection with pick 41 or rookie (donā€™t think we take more than 4 in the draft), if heā€™s as good/natural a forward as suggested. Would give us Joe, Stewart, and Eddy as dedicated key forwards. With Hurley, Hooker (think heā€™ll get 1st choice at FF), and McKernan as swing/fallback forwards.

What need do we have for a mature ruck? Leuey, Bellchambers, McKernan, then Gach. Weā€™re well enough stocked there to not need to use a pick on a 3rd string mature ruck.
Reckon Eddy could be a good selection with pick 41 or rookie (donā€™t think we take more than 4 in the draft), if heā€™s as good/natural a forward as suggested. Would give us Joe, Stewart, and Eddy as dedicated key forwards. With Hurley, Hooker (think heā€™ll get 1st choice at FF), and McKernan as swing/fallback forwards.

I think the suggestion by Enki is that McKernan is most likely going to get the chop before the next list lodgement.