Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Brett Eddy has been linked to Port well ■■■■

My info has him not too keen to play AFL, feels he has missed the boat and is just happy to play SANFL and live locally

My info has him not too keen to play AFL, feels he has missed the boat and is just happy to play SANFL and live locally

Yeah?? Wow. That sounds pretty strange, you think he’d be jumping at it!! The intensity and weight of expectation of AFL not for everyone I suppose.

Yeah?? Wow. That sounds pretty strange, you think he’d be jumping at it!! The intensity and weight of expectation of AFL not for everyone I suppose.

Maybe that’s why port are keen

The article seemed to point to him bring keen

Sometimes, you just have to put aside what were your aspirations, and make the most of where you’ve ended up.

Yeah I saw that. He’d be a smart get by them given Schulz retirement/delisting.

I like him and by most people’s informed reckoning he is capable of making the grade. Our need for him isn’t as great as some other clubs now though but wouldn’t be opposed to taking him.

With the acquisition of Stewart I’d be looking at a mature ruck before a mature KPF (which I was all for before we got Stewart).

What need do we have for a mature ruck? Leuey, Bellchambers, McKernan, then Gach. We’re well enough stocked there to not need to use a pick on a 3rd string mature ruck.
Reckon Eddy could be a good selection with pick 41 or rookie (don’t think we take more than 4 in the draft), if he’s as good/natural a forward as suggested. Would give us Joe, Stewart, and Eddy as dedicated key forwards. With Hurley, Hooker (think he’ll get 1st choice at FF), and McKernan as swing/fallback forwards.

I think the suggestion by Enki is that McKernan is most likely going to get the chop before the next list lodgement.

Ah ok. Probably a fair bet.

Or perhaps for him the trade off in lifestyle isn’t worth it?
I definitely used to be in the “if you have talent why wouldn’t you use it?” category.
Now I’m happy if people decide (using AFL as an example) that it is not for them, on the proviso they don’t chew up someone else’s opportunity by half arsedly taking up a list post (whether AFL, TAC etc) that could have been giving to someone else.

I definitely used to be in the “if you have talent why wouldn’t you use it?” category.
Now I’m happy if people decide (using AFL as an example) that it is not for them, on the proviso they don’t chew up someone else’s opportunity by half arsedly taking up a list post (whether AFL, TAC etc) that could have been giving to someone else.

Is Mckernan all chewed up?

Is Mckernan all chewed up?

Dunno. Someone been chewing your kernan?

Kwame McHarg

KWAME.

I’ve never given up hope!!

Oh my!

Can we take him pick 1? KWAME, the other Mc.

Kwame McHarg
NEEDS TO SQUAT DEEPER.

Mitch Clark

Mitch Clark can't get on the park.
FTFY

Do people just see someone is available, remember they saw him play good footy five years ago, and think we’ve got to have him.

I wouldn’t waste phone calls on either Clark or Barlow.

Neither is what we need.

Can't find the article online, but the HS last Saturday were claiming we were one of three or four clubs interested in Luke Ryan from Coburg and also mentioned we were interested in Casey ruck Oscar McInerney (21y/o, 203cm, 100kg) who won the VFL reserves B&F medal this season.

Wow that is interesting actually. It makes sense that we are after a physically developed ruckman but one who played VFL Dev league? That is surprising. You’d think they’d prefer someone who is youngish but playing very good footy for state league seniors (VFL, WAFL, SANFL etc). Might have a lot of development left in him.

McInerney is raw, has a lot of upside and showed an immense amount of promise in the few senior games he played. He also didn't come through the usual TAC pathway and those are the types of state league guys recruiters tend to take notice of, as they can be typical examples of late bloomers, especially talls. I can't see us taking him though as he's a rookie prospect (maybe very late ND prospect) and I'm not sure from a list structure view they'd have 2 developing rucks on the rookie A list.
Do people just see someone is available, remember they saw him play good footy five years ago, and think we've got to have him.
C'mon Noonan you already know the answer to that: yes.
Do people just see someone is available, remember they saw him play good footy five years ago, and think we've got to have him.

Neither is what we need.

Agree, but Barlow actually had a very good year last season

Gerard will like those arms in an Efc jumper

Neither is what we need.

Agree, but Barlow actually had a very good year last season

Brent Harvey had a pretty good year THIS year, and he could dance circles around slowpoke Barlow, and would better fit our list IMO, but I don’t want him either.