McDonalds Suggestions for McDav - and worker body-slams customer

mcdav if you do nothing else with your life, make the breakfast menu run midnight to midday.

I can probably get you an extra hour out of breakfast, but that's about it.

11:30 finish.

!?

No point reasoning Dave. We both know it all about the Pink Slime, pigs blood in the shake/sundae mix, 100% All Beef Patties is a brand name etc etc etc

mcdav if you do nothing else with your life, make the breakfast menu run midnight to midday.

!?
Fark, how tough would transition be?

The Macca's breakfast over here is an abomination. No muffins, just these ridiculous things that they call biscuits. Which is really the scones retarded cousin.

yeah but how good are McGriddles . 

Cafe drive thru would be great. Mrs only likes Chai Latte's and you've got to go in there to get them.

One of my favourite Macca's memories (and I have many) is seeing a tradie come in and order four coffees. As he walked off the baristas's made fun of him for using the wrong terminology in his order. Like being a freaking Macca's barista is an ivory throne from which you can cast judgement upon the unwashed masses.

I don't eat any MacDonalds at all ever except, for when I am on really early starts and late finishes. Sausage and egg muffin rules, got to get the double banga hash brown, one is just never enough. Their orange juice is **** and their standard brewed bogun coffee is also ****. I cant for the life of me understand why they wont even consider a cafe coffee for the drive through. As if on the rare occasion I go through their drive through, and get rejedcted for a decent coffee on the drive through, that I am going to get my fat lazy ■■■■ out of the car to actually park, walk, and go in and get one.
You could at least give me the option to park and get get one of the kids to bring it out to my fat lazy ■■■■, rather than me driving down the road to a decent coffee joint on the way to work

It's a timing/logistics issue. If you're out in Knoxfield though, you should give the new store a crack. Extra window for Cafe in Drive Thru.
It would require a remodel in every restaurant to have it done in this fashion, but it's not to say it isn't being considered.
And some sort of molecular transporter to get me from Brisbane to knoxfield I assume

Pretty sure there's one around. Tingalpa possibly?

!?

The model the innovation team I'm in are looking at is actually run both at once for an hour. It's not as difficult as it is made out to be.

Cafe drive thru would be great. Mrs only likes Chai Latte's and you've got to go in there to get them.
One of my favourite Macca's memories (and I have many) is seeing a tradie come in and order four coffees. As he walked off the baristas's made fun of him for using the wrong terminology in his order. Like being a freaking Macca's barista is an ivory throne from which you can cast judgement upon the unwashed masses.

Hopefully when they move to group handle they may have an advanced level of skill... But yes, there's a degree of hilarity in that.

I find all the stuff McDav shares on Maccas oddly fascinating.
What's with the beers you can get in Maccas some countries? Never gonna happen here?
What's in the works?

Looked at the alcohol. It's just really complicated as we would need to look at how we sell it, maybe in Mccafe. Also puts 24/7 at risk with various liquor laws. Biggest issue on that front is the security piece - some places are bad enough at night so add alcohol to the mix and its a nightmare. I think we just accept it will not work in this country.
A lot of what we are looking at right now are for 2015 and beyond. It takes a while to get this stuff to market.....

Done!  where do I sign?

Done! where do I sign?

Let me get it over the line first :-)

!?

The model the innovation team I'm in are looking at is actually run both at once for an hour. It's not as difficult as it is made out to be.
Fair call, I'm from the era before MFY, so my opinion is probably invalid.
Fark, there's a part of me that would go (back) to Corporate.

Macca's next promotion needs to just be a random grab bag of unrelated menu items. It'll be called the 'We're out of ideas' menu:

1. Hot lemon pies

2. Mexican shaker bag chips

3. New York burger

4. McAussie

5. Random box with a question mark on it

ONION. RINGS. 

Macca's next promotion needs to just be a random grab bag of unrelated menu items. It'll be called the 'We're out of ideas' menu:

1. Hot lemon pies

3. New York burger

4. McAussie

You can always tell an accelerated marketing brief... it generally has this mix-mash of ideas in an attempt to drive sales.  It happens.

ONION. RINGS. 

OK.

1. Hot lemon pies

3. New York burger

4. McAussie

You can always tell an accelerated marketing brief... it generally has this mix-mash of ideas in an attempt to drive sales.  It happens.

Sure but I want them to lean into it. Hard.

Play up the idea that McDonalds has been around for long enough to do every combination of food twice. Now we're sick of it and you'll order what we give you dammit!

I actually asked about Lemon pies the other day..... still haven't heard back.

Only took you two years.

ONION. RINGS.

OK.

Seriously?