Membership 2019

I’m gutted that I didn’t keep up my membership when I went backpacking in Europe for 2 years. I would have been 30 years now!

Member since mum got 6 year old scotty21 a squadron membership in 1993. Good year to join.

3 Likes

7 of them in my house!

6 Likes

7 ?

You guys are breeding like rabbits !

Yikes. Only 2 of them are my kids!

1 Like

If I got this right, membership went up from 79.3K (2019) to 84.2K. A gain of 5K.

If we have 19.5K new members then about 14K members didn’t renew in 2019. About 17.7%.

@Catherine_Lio - can you say how that compares to our typical non-renewal rate?

kind of! 87% paid members renewed.

The other 13% are dead to me. Unless they sign up for 2020. Then they’re awesome again.

18 Likes

lol - there’s the basis of our 2020 slogan.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Saga helped- we got good membership in 2016 to watch our reserves play, then an explosion of joy in 2017 marching out to see Jobe and Hepp sink the Hawks. Supporters had the flight or fight option and chose fight. Not that I recommend a Saga-based membership strategy.

2 Likes

Non renewals happen for a number of reasons many of which don’t involve falling out of love with a footy club. Financial situations change, people get sick, people die. For those talking about those still members since 2000 and wondering why only 10k’ish remain, I’d guess the average demo of our members back then were middle to later aged adults - and 19 years is a long time.

3 Likes

84000 members. Game vs GWS attendance 25,000…
interesting to see how many we get tomorrow considering more traditional time slot on a saturday

Still have most of my cards. Had a none matchday squadron membership for 93,94 than from 95-99 mum loaded my brother and up with GA memberships. 2000 onwards I’ve had my reserved seat one. Haf the same seat for 12 years but relocation relocation was needed after Mrs Scotty21 came along.

what happens to the average age if you take @Alan_Noonan_10 out?

I’m guessing it’ll drop by at least half.

3 Likes

Essendon members are dead awesome!

1 Like

Speak up, Sonny!

5 Likes

Next year we have to aim to beat Collingwood’s total. They are less than 1000 in front of us.

1 Like

Just not possible, they are the best & biggest football club in the world…

5 Likes

Then again Katie, given that the number of people who die in Australia every year is about 170,000 and 14,000 are less than 10% of that number and I choose to believe that at least 10% of the total population love us you can do the rest of the math. My condolences to all those that lost loved ones that couldn’t re-sign as members of our great club.

4 Likes

That’s actually huge. They had 20k on us not long ago.

1 Like

Although we beat them last year.