Membership 2019

Did we? Didn’t they have about 90k at one point? ■■■■■■■ hell they jumped off quick

Nah. Their previous highest was 80,793 in 2014. I know they have highest match attendances though.

That would likely change if we were to move back to the G

2 Likes

You are correct.

My condolences to the great Bombers who have left us.

Get it done Cathy! @Catherine_Lio

You know it makes sense.

I dont mind the the interstate clubs (bar Sydney and Brisbane) at Marvel or a Thursday night/Sunday twilight at Marvel but everything else should be at the G.

2 Likes

board members will be dead to me until the popped collars is a mainstay of our jumper.

1 Like

Tomorrow would have been a great test of our supporter base if it were at the G.

I reckon we could have pushed 50k or more, which hasnt been done by any club in Melbourne since 1997.

2 Likes

My Mum was one who was a member from that 2000 flag year who we sadly lost late last year and thus couldn’t renew this year, in fact had been a member for a very long time prior to that, albeit not continuously. I’m sure others on here have similar stories.

I know there was a bit of fun being had in here and that’s ok, but long time members of the club passing away probably isn’t something we should be flippant about IMO.

9 Likes

Paul, very sorry for your loss. I wasn’t actually being flippant, I was trying to point out that with a supporter base of the size Essendon has, that deaths could actually be a large % of non renewing members. The rest could be put down to other factors, many beyond a persons ability to control like major injury or incapacitation, incarceration, unemployment etc etc. I believe the ability of Essendon to not only retain but actually grow its membership numbers in the years after the Saga and nearly 20 years of mediocrity is nothing less than incredible.

6 Likes

I’m sure there’s also people like myself who take out multiple memberships. I’ve got 7 of them. 3 with reserved seats which will be vacant at Marvel today while I sit in the timekeepers box at Windy Hill. (damn fixturing)

2 Likes

Yep we were on the same wavelength, I said something similar a little higher up, I didn’t mean you specifically just responded to your post :+1:

From which year did the oldest continuous membership begin?
Club should give free tours of Tullamarine facility for all members once they reach 20 years of membership.
Include a 25% discount voucher and the bombershop will do some trades as well!!
A small gesture for a long commitment

Are you at 19 years @bombercos? :thinking:

Easy! We pulled over 60,000 vs Sydney and almost 50,000 v Lions when playing average footy.

30 plus!!

1 Like

https://m.essendonfc.com.au/membership/member-recognition

They already have that sort of stuff. Can’t wait to get my 35 year recognition patch next year (whatever that is :thinking:).

Massive! Respect :facepunch:

More importantly, what should 30 year members get?

Dinner with Sheeds maybe?

is there a member on here called Jason Clark, or does anyone know an essendon member cslled Jason clark? found his membership ticket before the game last night

1 Like

Dropping his membership card was probably the best thing that could’ve happened to him.

6 Likes

Jason “Nostradamus” Clark.

3 Likes