Memberships

Those of us concerned about the environment would argue not having a pack should be the default, as most of its contents probably gets wasted. I’m annoyed I got sent a membership card this year; the mobile app worked fine last year.

1 Like

Whilst I don’t know why this would occur. I’m wondering if due to holidays certain batches of renewals haven’t been uploaded to the system yet. So whilst paid, the upload pending means it’s still ‘unpaid’. Could be a system thing or it could be something else. Who knows.

1 Like

Stay at Marvel with a 6-5 split with the MCG

Play all the pissant clubs at Marvel and the big VIC clubs at the G.

There’s nothing worse than playing at the G when there is less than 50k in attendance. I’d rather go to a game where there’s 40k odd at Marvel where the atmosphere is much better

3 Likes

A 7-4 split favouring the G’ would be my preference. If we’re serious about reclaiming our status as a competition heavy weight, we need to make the move away from Marvel.

12 Likes

This is a prime example of why the club can never win. Some people want membership cards. Some don’t. Others want scarves and caps and beanies. Plenty don’t. And let’s not forget the holy grail of merchandising…the membership pin!

They’re trying to strike a balance which I think is fair enough, but just reading the last 20 or so posts in here goes to show that it will never be possible for them to keep everyone happy.

4 Likes

I was pretty comfortable spending Saturday afternoon at the G with 45k others watching us beat Sydney.

Nothing wrong the atmosphere that day.

The atmosphere at Marvel is completely sh-t, its lifeless and dull much like this football club since it moved there.

10 Likes

The big boys play at the G.
Finals are played at the G.
We need to move back to the G.

9 Likes

Driving to and from Marvel is so much easier than the MCG. I’m one of the few that thinks Marvel is a good stadium. (Love the G still)

Also I think the AFL are investing a bit in renovations so I doubt they’d want us to play less games there as we are the biggest tenants.

5 Likes

Most of the time, you leave Marvel feeling like you’ve never been to the footy or seen us play. The G is by far greater and we definitely lost something when we left that has never been recovered. There’s nothing like being at the G when all our supporters boo in unison.

6 Likes

I think they will build a roof over the G in the next 10 years. People who like the roof at Marvel will enjoy that.

Good opportunity for fans to vote. Inform the Club where members and fans want their games played.

Result predictably definitive.

Is there any stadium the size of the MCG in the world with a roof?

I agree completely. Playing the likes of Sydney and Brisbane at the G’ in recent years has been a real treat. I’m looking forward to the fixture against Port later this year for the same reason.

4 Likes

AT&T Stadium in Texas has a roof, and hold a little over 80,000 people.

It may hold 80,000 people, but it’s a grid-iron pitch. The surface area being covered is nowhere near the same size. Please try again.

Marvel can ■■■■ OFF

4 Likes

Look it up yourself, nerd.

No. It’s a prime example of an easy win opportunity. Surely there’s some kind of technological genius that can incorporate a few check boxes into the membership portal.

You’re the one making the big claim.