Michael Warner Footyology Podcast

When it came out that the AFL knew that AOD9604 was and always had been legal, and said nothing while Watson was booed relentlessly after saying he took it, Whateley weaseled his weaselly way up the AFL’s ■■■■.
Also, ‘Essendon are alone in this.’
Lie.
And he Had to have known it was a lie when he said it.

Hasn’t read it.
I bet he farking hasn’t.
Fraud.
Puppet.
Scum.

15 Likes

i think the reality is the players were told anything about thymosin they were not told about tb4. If they knew anything about thymosin they were none the wiser about there being different types let alone which type they were given. I don’t think the complete player consent forms have ever been disclosed have they? they mysteriously disappeared according to Hird no?

Watson was very clear about the different types of Thymosin.
As was Stewie’s mum.

8 Likes

Again, no tears from me if a club goes under.

23 Likes

fair enough, can’t recall that, it’s all a bit foggy now. Do you recall if they said what was specified on the consent form?

i think it’s also fair to say we can’t necessarily expect dank gave them what he told them he was giving them

just for the record and don’t think the players should have been convicted because there wasn’t sufficient evidence. That said there is certainly a possibility some were given tb4. we’ll never no the truth i expect.

dark days

1 Like

I don’t want to get in a fight with you, but that’s not how justice works.

2 Likes

sorry, i’m not sure what your mean by that?

they shouldn’t have been convicted is was a corrupt process and an even more corrupt final hearing.

we’ll never know what the players were actually given for sure

Excuse the crude analogy, but I’ll never know if you murdered that guy for sure.

ok so if your point is they shouldn’t have been convicted because it’s up the prosecution to actually prove something we are in furious agreement. It should not be for the players to clear their names here yet that’s the position they find themselves in.

My point is ‘we’ll never know for sure’ is not a thing.
We’ll never know if Freo covered up that pedophile ring for sure.

yeah i get that, but for what it’s worth I would really farking like to know and i’m sure there are some players who feel similarly.

Might be completely wrong here however I thought out if all the clubs Freo didn’t side with the other clubs and join in the pile on.

Could be completely wrong however for some reason that’s what stuck with me.

1 Like

From memory, Matthews, Buckley and Pavlich said some positive things early.
That’s all they did.

2 Likes

The rumor goes that Freo stuck up for us in the infamous meeting between the 17 other clubs, and were punished for it by having to play their first final against Geelong at Kardinia Park. It’s worth noting they had played them at the MCG the year prior in a ‘lesser’ final.

10 Likes

Oh ok.
I do remember Freo offering Hirdy a job also not that long ago under Lyon.
Think it was scouting other teams for them here in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Robbo and Pencil neck were talking about Gil going down the slide as Meatloaf and were mucking around about how it cos the AFL 500k for him to perform at the GF. Robbo then said Warner will write another book about that (in a joking manner) and ■■■■ got really awkward for about 5 seconds. Was really strange.

If anyone has it recorded, about 14 mins in.

Makes the fckn blood boil

2 Likes

Yeah, I think there is a possibility that 2 or 3 players who had long term injuries were given TB4 to aid rehab, as this is what the properties of TB4 suggest it maybe useful for. No way was it given to all 34. Even so, none should have been found guilty because of the grey areas that existed on it’s legal use, the lack of evidence and the corrupt process.

On a side note, I think there is a warrant out for Dank in NT.

1 Like

This is ultimately what we were done for. The players were prosecuted by an annoying child asking ‘why’ to every response until there was nothing left to give.

I have no issue that the club was punished for the program. If there were no records kept and Dank+Robinson were operating with no oversight, then that is a punishable offense. The punishment is the issue though. The one levied by the AFL was one made on the presumption that we were guilty of a club-sanctioned PEDs program. It was levied with no comparison to other such programs in the competition, and the “governance” charge has left the AFL with no room to move into for when a club actually runs a PEDs program.

Farcical on every level.

3 Likes

Like when Dank and Robinson DID literally prescribe, supply, and administer an unambiguously banned PED to a Gold Coast player and left a long and comprehensive trail of evidence, and nothing happened to them and ASADA is still ‘investigating’ with zero officers assigned to the case, ten full years later?

22 Likes