Michael Warner Footyology Podcast

Well that bit is probably true. :wink:

1 Like

Well yes, but the point is he deliberately refrained from getting involved and potentially getting nasty, so she publicly goads him… It remains to be seen whether he’ll respond tomorrow, but no doubt he’ll do so with dignity if required.

Edit: I realise it might be a stretch to call things she says on her own podcast “public”.

1 Like

I love how she simultaneously bemoans the presence of the “da boysth club” yet owes her entire existence to it. She first benefits from the nepotism of her father/uncle then relies on being the vile mouthpiece of wannabe AFL mafiosos and other entrenched insiders who have built, reinforced and expanded the boys club

12 Likes

she goes on about the boys club becuase it creates the impression that she has some distance from it.

10 Likes

She gets plenty of distance from the boys club when she sits on a panel with a former long-serving club president/short-serving CEO of channel 9, the ghoulish founder of an AFL endorsed media monopoly, the parasitic lesser son of one famous football family, and the greatest son of another. Not to mention that the panel is also featuring a noted sex pest that preyed on subordinate female employees

Isn’t this what Jackson Taylor was doing when due to unforeseen circumstances he had to give up?

1 Like

Yep, why did he give up? Threats, money costs.
Would love to know.
Could’ve changed a lot of things if successful.

Didn’t he say a major backer had pulled out on him?

Hadn’t heard that. He settled, not aware of the terms.

Really need a major backer who doesn’t have connections to any of the tentacles and doesn’t give a stuff on possible poor press.

Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do” - #5858 by Zimmer.

Much dicsussed around July 2018, though Twitter links have now disappeared. No specifics, but Taylor sounded like he’d lost major backers.

1 Like

They talked about that on the Crawf and Hirdy podcast.

“Ross you need to watch out for Dustin Martin, he’s a pretty good player”

1 Like

Jackson Taylor wasn’t completely silenced in July 2018 though

3 Likes

Can anyone answer why the AFL doesn’t pay tax?

It is incorporated as not for profit, similar status as a charity- revenues are not dispersed to shareholders ( not that the AFL has shareholders) - same as Essendon ( which does have shareholders). It does pay GST etc and employees pay tax.
Sanitarium is also NFP. .
There is a Federal Charities and other NFP Commission that is supposed to regulate such bodies, but it never looks at sports bodies.

3 Likes

Too busy making life miserable for environmental or wildlife charities who have the temerity to get outrageously political and opine that perhaps logging all the forests then digging coal from underneath where they were is perhaps not the most conducive possible policy to keeping ecosystems functioning…

</rant>

11 Likes

Enjoyed that pod. Why didn’t it continue?

Didn’t Michael Gardiner end up player for St. Kilda?

I ordered Michael Warner’s book at our local library. I am 77th in line so I looks like there is a lot of interest.

7 Likes

And yet, where is the narrative that Jobe was “booed out of the game”?

Just for the sake of parallel.

4 Likes