Midfield Trade Targets

Now they’d say… we would have taken Zac Merrett also. We were generous and gave you ‘overs’ for Crameri.

So true

I would love stringer

Would prefer libba though

4 Likes

Maybe I’m off my chops, but I would give up our first pick for libba.

I know he has had his problems in the past, but I’m guessing he hasn’t sorted that out yet?

1 Like

Maybe Stringer wants more midfield minutes, and doesn’t want the current 70/30 split between forward and mid.

Maybe we have a pitch ready for him that says, “Jake we need a powerful inside mid”.

Maybe he says 'Fark yeah’and gets super fit, gets his rough lookin’head right and becomes an inspired pick up.

Stringer things have happened!

2 Likes

Can certainly see this being how it may be looked at. But it’s a risk given a) he’s never played a more permanent mid role b) he is already injury prone and so increased running demands of a mid means more likely to get injured.

On the hypothetical he could transition however he could be up there as being as destructive as Dusty / Danger out of midfield. Pace and power out of stoppages. Got some carnt in him too.

1 Like

Our strategy is more likely: promise him midfield time then play him on HBF.

Well you’d be a ■■■■■■ idiot if you did that. He’s not worth nearly that much now given he was dropped a few times through the season, and his general decline in form. A second rounder would be more than sufficient, and then hope he gets his mojo back.

3 Likes

We should give them whatever they want. We got Zerrett with that second round pick!

2 Likes

Stupid hypothetical ahead of more important final against swans.

Out 1st and 2nd round

In Libba and Stringer

Swap 3rd and 4th round picks just for sh!TS and giggles

Profit

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind him but only if he wears a plain mouth guard and keeps his mouth shut as I can smell his dog’s breath from here.

He is obviously a very, very talented player but we do have a few third tall forward types - Stewart, Laverde, Francis perhaps even Langford. Obviously we would all love a quality mid but if we can’t convince one to nominate us and Stringer actually wants to come to Essendon then you need to seriously look at it. If we were to do it I’d look at shipping Laverde as either part of the trade or perhaps to St Kilda for a second rounder. If you had Stringer, Daniher, Hooker, Stewart then I doubt Lav would get a look in. Would certainly prefer Gaff.

I would probably give up next years 1st rounder on the expectation that we will finish higher next year AND we might have to use our first pick on M Fletcher.

1 Like

The problem with Stringer at the dogs is they need his pace and power in the forward line and in the midfield. However, when he is up forward they also expect him to play tall and because of their lack of quality forwards.

At the bombers we need a powerful inside/outside midfielder. He has played allot of midfield time. I’d be all for getting him and moving him to a 60/40 midfield/HFF

2 Likes

Dahlhaus also a bit unsettled?

wheels falling off for doggies?

1 Like

If he had had an impact through midfield, he wouldn’t be on the block.
He’s had 20 touches a whole twice in an almost 90 game career, he’s a huge disappointment as a midfielder. Doesn’t seem to have the hunger to do the work through midfield, not when he can kick his easy 2 or 3 over the top.

Lazy. IMO. Oodles of talent.

1 Like

7 centre clearances for the year in 2015…

If anyone’s getting Stringer on the premise he’s a mid (present or future) they’re doing so on not much more than hope. He’s a forward who doesn’t run hard enough defensively to even do that successfully.

1 Like

I don’t think he gets played there much.

They couldn’t afford to. Even Bont is being played almost as a permanent fwd at times.

1 Like