Midfield Trade Targets

And then make sure we play him (Craig Bird was our highest average centre clearance winner last year) yet we persist with dud like Myers.

More like one hour

If today’s game tells you anything, it tells we need a better midfield.

1 Like

Switched it off before I smash my TV.

1 Like

We need better players.

15 years of this sh*t

3 Likes

He’d be my choice.
Will also keep Daniher in the forward line when our ruck needs a rest.

1 Like

Didn’t even last a half. Pathetic.

Can we draft 3 or 4 hard ■■■■■. Guys who like to take a hit. Trade Colyer while he has a smidge of currency.

1 Like

That’s somewhat right.

But we have been farking pathetic with the ball in the air. Non-competitive. Defence has been weak as ■■■■ under the high ball.

Marks in contested situations has been the biggest issue.

That and the fact our older leaders have poor temperament and club needs to be led by McGrath and Zerret asap.

Our older leaders (Kelly and Goddard excepted) are losers. Sorry to say it. They have played for a loser club too long. Kids need to lead.

5 goals in 3 minutes?
It’s a 50/50 chance.

3 Likes

If you hadn’t figured that out from the last 15 years then I don’t think the last 30 minutes would have made much difference. Facts are we have had a shyte midfield since 2002. Our ONLY decent mid drafted in the last decade was pure luck after we’d told yet another tall we would draft him. We waste draft pick after draft pick on talls who have no influence on games without midfield supply, or project flankers we hope against logic will become good mids. It hasn’t worked & there’s no reason to believe thats about to change. Dodoro has overseen a list with only 1 notable achievement - the longest finals win drought in the comp. On that alone he should be sacked but he won’t because as a club we have lacked any killer instinct in any area post 2000.

1 Like

Parish? Zerrett?

I agree that overall our midfield drafting has been atrocious but we are seeing a change in that and i expect the directive has been even stronger towards that.

Suddenly Stringer in the midfield doesn’t look so bad.

Wasn’t there talk earlier about Trengove?

2 Likes

We need power around the stoppages!!

Parish isn’t there yet & if you didn’t work it out Zerrett is the guy we got by pure luck not design. We had already told Lobb we would draft him - how moronic is that. Fair enough we didn’t think Zerrett would fall but only Dodoro level stupidity would have gone into that draft with anything but mids in mind. If Zerrett hadn’t fallen we should have been into guys like Dumont & Lewis. Again imagine our list right now without Zerrett & with another tall who either wouldn’t be getting a game or at the very least would be sitting up forward watching our midfield get dominated. The midfield has been where the game has been won & lost since Brisbane set the benchmark with the fab 5. Dodoro hasn’t figured that out yet.

2 Likes

Getting lever is a blatant disregard for our greatest need.

we nee two tall backs

weak as ■■■■, should have watched it out!

Hard to fathom isn’t it?

1 Like