Midfield Trade Targets

I hadnt heard that. My understanding is Adelaide is making a pretty big play again for Gibbs. Not sure they could fit both into their line up. That would just be selfish

Port are all over him

Sorry should have said city not team. I was aware one team was into him from there but not sure who.

EDIT: Aceman is saying Port.

Dodoros Shopping List in Order

1 Kelly
2 Stringer
3 Rockliff
4 Gaff
5 Lever

Anyone else to add?

Take Gaff off, we don’t need an outside one-way runner. He isn’t soft but he is defensively lazy.

2 Likes

My order of preference would be (then reality):

1 Kelly (re-signs with GWS)
2 Rockliff (will sign with SA club or stay put)
3 Lever (no idea if he is leaving or not)
4 Stringer (we won’t get the trade done because they are asking too much so will stay or stolen by another club who have two top 10 picks)

My order of preference;

1. Anyone that wants to come.

The end

4 Likes

I think Stringer would be happy to ■■■■ dogs over and come out and say bombers or I’m going on a 12 month holiday. Claim a bit of depression and WHS because Bevo is a nutter.

I think he could come relatively cheap, dropped in 2016/17, poor output and public discipline issues you can’t be asking two top tens, that’s Kelly value.

Add to that the desire to get them back a bit. Pick 12 and Dodoro middle finger should do it.

Hence the Boyd ‘depression holiday’ to ‘check-in’ to a facility for a break.

1 Like

1- Kelly
2- Rocky
3- Kennedy/Smith from GWS
4- Stringer
5- Trengove/Lever
6- Cheap mids like Balic, Ah Chee, Wigg
7- Scour the SANFL, plenty of real good under 24 mids that can come in straight away and have a impact

8 Likes

Where’s Paul Thomas when you need him?
Brendan ‘Bruce’ Lee anyone?

Ok, I may be asking a bit too much with 18 contested possessions and 8 clearnaces a game.

But it’s not unheard of.

In more realistic terms then, I want someone who we can rely on getting 15 contested possessions a game and over 6 clearances a game.

That is not unheard of, and not too much to ask for.

It will instantly make our team that much better.

1 Like

Did Sydney beat us because of one contested player? Kennedy was on fire in the second q but was still only one of many.

We need a midfield that has a dozen blokes that win contested footy, run both ways, decent overhead and clean skills.

1 Like

I am of the view though that having one big bull, will ultimately make the rest of our midfield better.

Imagine if we had 2012 Jobe Watson running around with the current midfield we have, it would be instantly so much better. We have players capable of getting 3-4 clearnaces a game, and if we just had that one bull it would change the mix completely.

I am also of the view that one of Langford, Begley, Francis, Laverde have the capabilities to turn into this player.

1 Like

Matthew Kennedy would be my target.

I think he needs to leave to see big opportunity. Not in GWS best 22 right now

He’s an inside mid, who’s decent overhead. Can kick a goal too

WIth Hopper re-signing, it won’t be any easier to break into that side

Would love to get him and just throw him into the guts from round one

16 Likes

What’s curious is I reckon he has outperformed Hopper. Which would make him double as ■■■■■■

Really really really like this post lol

Tom Rockliff, Matthew Kennedy, Harley Balic, Jack Trengove + Jackson Trengrove are all targets we should aim for.

3 Likes

Not sure about Bevo being a nutter. Probably expects 100% commitment from everyone, but isn’t getting it from Jake.

Ask Harvs and Wallis about Bevo. Deadset nutter

1 Like