Midfield Trade Targets

lol, he’s a genuine gun. Can win his own ball in the middle & is a dangerous option inside 50. He would be our second best mid after Zerrett. Nothing short of a top pick would even be remotely close to his value.

2 Likes

Id have him before stringer. easpecially for pick 29, Stringer and Dahlhaus for 29, 11

3 Likes

Let’s decimate those AFL lapdogs!

Rocky!

1 Like

Workmate is a Dogs member. He says Dahlhaus is a party boy and the lead trouble maker at the club. Libba Snr didn’t want him near his son because of his influence (it didn’t work btw). So the trouble is that he has been told to pull his head in and he didn’t like it.

Good player though and would have him in a heart beat.

2 Likes

Lukey D welcome to Tullamarine!!!

Essendogs.

1 Like

If thats the case add lachie Hunter

Lets just merge with the Dogs, pick the teeth out of their playing list and be called the Essendon Bombers. One less club in Melbourne would be good. And save draft picks.

I’d prefer a hostile takeover.

2 Likes

Jack Trengove has been delisted today by Melbourne, I’m dead serious when I say we should pick him up. Just turned 26 last week.

He went from a captain to Delisted. Surely there’s a reason.

1 Like

You mean how he was injured for 3 straight years?

I actually don’t think he is that good.

He actually has never had a very good year really.

His second year was good. But that was relative goodness because he was a 2nd year player.

And that was yonks ago.

Right now I hate to say it. But he kinda presents as a Scania.

Broken foot doesn’t help.
Being thrust into captaincy of a basket side at such a young age hurt him mentally also.
Ripping kid and can play but not sure he will ever get back to his pre-injury level

1 Like

They might as well delist him. He’s the oldest and worst player they have in that inside mid position, and he’s an unrestricted free agent who’d attract a minimum pay kind of contract at best, so there’s no point worrying about compensation picks or anything. Also if his game against port this year is anything to go by, Jobe would beat him in a foot race.

A friend in the know at the doggies said Libba doesn’t like AFL much and is doing it for the pay check only. Especially now that he’s won a premiership. Expects him to quit and play suburban football. Not saying it’s true but would make plenty of sense.

2 Likes

From everything I heard Mark Neeld in 2012/13 ruined him. He basically missed 2 years with a foot injury but played all of this year in the VFL and showed some signs of his old self.

That’s true, that I know is accurate (about the only thing I know when it comes to inside words)

1 Like

I’m a huge Jack Trengove fan.
He was playing seniors SANFL as an u18. I was sure he was the next inspirational leader (sort of in the Hird mould).

But Neeld didn’t ruin him.
Those ankle injuries severely slowed him down.
He has played VFL all year, but I think the game has gone past him.

He was a smart player whose skills were pretty neat and he could play that high half forward / midfield role. His inside work was getting pretty good and his defensive side of things was positive.
After the injury, his time as an inside mid was reduced. They seemed to play him off a wing / half forward. He wasn’t hitting the scoreboard and his leg speed severely reduced his effectiveness on games. From what I could tell, he is perfect for the speed of VFL games, but at AFL level he’ll get heavily exposed.

If we struggle to get anyone through trades or free agency, I’d gladly give him a chance as a rookie pick. He’d be worth the gamble, but I fear his limitations will be found out pretty quickly.