Midfield Trade Targets

10 Likes

Want

No old bastards please.

No to Rockliff.

2 Likes

What if he comes as steak knives with Kelly and Stringer?

This thread has gone full Tony Montana

Yeah - be careful about slinging that kinda stuff around without being certain…

1 Like

Delete mate, not cool.

1 Like

Deleted but doesn’t make it untrue. Very off topic obviously but a clear issue across not only the AFL but broader public. Obviously hit a nerve. I could care less what players etc do in their own time as long as they produce when it matters. Game day

I care, these are young men and I would hate another Mainwearing type situation.
It’s really tough for AFL clubs to try and control youngsters with plenty of cash to throw around.
It doesn’t directly effect us, but what about their children, parents partners ect, it really can leave big scars.

2 Likes

Stringer might be the big fish we can get but I would look at Alir Alir as a defender and Aceman what do you think about Yeoman Ellis - I liked his size as a mid and then he did his knee. His is contracted but couldn’t get games due to Thompson and now a lot would have passed him - he might be cheap just don’t know how a year out will hurt him. Did he make it back at all this year in SANFL?

Fair call and I’m sure clubs do their best but there’s really not much they ultimately can do about it.

Maybe if the AFLPA let the club’s and AFL take a tougher stance then we won’t ever have a mainwaring situation

To be clear, the “nerve” is the worry that BomberBlitz could be sued.

Why on earth would they do that? They are paid by the players to represent the players’ interests.

Which would conceivably prioritise human lives over a football career?

Even though I don’t reckon they do…

So? They’re paid by and represent the guys who would be impacted negatively (in their minds) by such a rule. Why on earth would they do that? They’re not politicians who are meant to take a broader view than just their constituents opinions, and draw on expert advice in the areas up for debate. They’re like lawyers, paid negotiators, or handymen who are working for the players. So asking them to go against their client’s wishes is silly.

That’s fine. Just don’t blame the AFL (on this occasion) for letting another mainwaring situation occur.

I’m not gonna have a massive long debate about it.

But if the AFLPA made decisions that detrimentally affected the health of players through non disclosure or other various failed duty of care then that would be a worry.

And I bet they dont prioritise player wellbeing as well as they should.

But duty of care to player wellbeing should sit above all else.

Think about how it would feel if you read that stuff about your son/sibling.

1 Like

I never did. An individual made choices about his life that turned out badly for him. I don’t see that as his employer’s fault at all. I don’t know why the AFL even tests for non performance enhancing drugs. I’d be against most employers doing so.

They don’t have a duty of care on this issue, neither does the AFL. This is not employment related. And the players involved don’t need a drug test to know that they’ve taken illicit drugs.

1 Like