Midfield Trade Targets

Yes please. Would give my left nut for Aaron Hall.

Up and about he’s a gun. He’s also contracted and can’t imagine the suns shipping off many contracted players.

Word is Bluey might be gone next year.
I know someone who works at GC, and he said we’d have trouble getting any GC players while Bluey’s at Essendon. Wasn’t well liked.

1 Like

Anyone through that gws academy have been on the receiving end of some of the best coaching available.

Kennedy would slot straight into senior footy with us.

Picked up I think 38 possessions a heap contested in his last game in the seconds. He’s a good player the giants aren’t picking him.cos he’s packed his bags already.

Carlton might be offering better carrots. I hope note.

His field kicking could be a touch better.

2 Likes

Love the TW work. Says a bunch of random stuff, of course it’s all from reliable sources but enough wiggle room to say “there’s a chance” or “getting closer”, claims to be the best and most reliable. But has he actually posted anything that’s been on the mark? He was clearly ■■■■■■ about the news about Kelly last night so spent today saying “North are furious” because they haven’t been told.

■■■■ off

1 Like

James Kelly for mid-field coach and whoever we can get out of Rockcliff, Matt Kennedy, Jake Stringer or whatever serious quality we can get into our midfield.

I put Stringer in their as we rotate Walla, Raz, Begley and or Lav through our midfield as well. With Zerrett, Colyer and Zakka also going forward and potentially Langford as well. Not necessarily all in the side at the same time, but it would be nice to have quality run, grunt and goal kicking ability depth to chose from and to be able to require some form as well, which was a problem this year obviously.

I don’t even mind the idea of Walla going back if we have an excess of talent forward, especially with McGrath coming into the midfield.

1 Like

I agree with you - it’s unpopular.

1 Like

I’d be into him, right size, right age, right skill set. He is by no means a safe bet but I like him.

We’re still talking about having him play football for us here, … right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that … :wink:)

Football? I must have hit alt tab

1 Like

Nobody know ■■■■

Really good eye for detail and the reason why lots of stats are bullshit.

For example Parish only scored 75 “ranking points” against swans because his metres gained was under 100. Because the poor prick had to win all of our footy.

Stats once upon a time were helpful. They still are. It’s just there are 5 sh!te stats for every meaningful statistic.

5 Likes

I heard this a few weeks back
Super player.

Haven’t heard anything since thou

1 Like

Too good to be true. Won’t happen

I know for a fact that we were up to our eye balls with Aaron Hall in the past. Nothing to say the dialogue hasn’t continued - we were very close…

Let me give my opinion on Aaron Hall.

Aaron Hall is:

• not a super player
  • not an inside player
  • not a contested player
  • not a clearance player
  • not a resilient player (never played 20 games in a year
  • not a young player (27 in November)
  • not a free agent (would need to be traded)

My view is that Gold Coast would not accept a trade offer that I would be willing to give.

in my opinion anything better than pick 30 is overs for him based on age, our list needs and his track record which includes being dropped for being, here is the ironic kicker…

A DEFENSIVELY POOR MIDFIELDER

15 Likes

He tested with us and walked through the True Value Centre.
For memory it was around the same time we signed Looney.

Wish he had have come to us then. He’s wasted the last two years at GC.

He will dominate in our side as outside mid

Pick 19 and Hooker

I believe “average total clearances” comprising average (“centre clearances” + “stoppage clearances”)

From what I can tell stoppage clearances are all non centre bounce stoppages, but as that’s included it balances out some of the “high score = high centre clearances”, although I think Essendon are a low overall number of stoppages side, which contributes to low overall clearance numbers.

I think…

I disagree with that, but it’s sometimes very difficult to use them in a meaningful way, and many times it’s not even clear what we’re counting.

Probably Parish’s low score in the EF was due to his high “clangers” count. But what that meant in real life is open to interpretation as well…