Midfield Trade Targets

We’d be a better team with 1 of the S’s let alone all 3.

It’s not even a question.

Signing these players sends a pretty significant message to other players potentially looking to move in future also.

8 Likes

ANy game at the SCG will always favour the swans game style…now there MCG record is another thing…you don’t neeed speed on the scg unlike eithad and the G

2 Likes

And with more bad news, I doubt there’s a person here who gives a toss about your opinion.

19 Likes

I think it improves us and gives us greater midfield rotations without necessarily weakening the forward line when Tippa or Fanta go into the middle. However unless Lang, Lav and Francis really improve then the benefit of the 3 coming in will be limited. We need to improve organically with the remaining squad. The demographic of the squad will be much better and we will have greater pace over the whole ground. I think structurally it will be interesting to see what they do with Hooker. I think he might go back to defence and then have Stewart and Joe as the key forwards and Stringer as the 3rd tall and then Smith, Fanta, Tippa Green rotating through mid and forwards plus Colyer. It remains to be seen who will play the lead up forward role - Lav or Lang again they must be able to rotate in the midfield. Interesting times. I think this aggressive approach reflects we are serious about being contenders and moving away from a draft and develop model. People say it would have been better to miss the 8 last year and develop our young guys but i think making the 8 last year despite the poor final has put us firmly in potential recruits minds that we are going somewhere. The only concern i have is we will be a small team but Richmond and even the Dogs showed that can work if you are relentlessly applying pressure across the ground.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s not bad news to me. I don’t care about what gets you excited.

1 Like

If we keep pick 11, who fits the type of the midfield beast?

It;s funny because all those who responded to me have failed to come up with a coherent or logical argument as to how these signings will resolve our lack of inside midfielders (our greatest problem).

Stringer in the guts. Problem solved, now go to sleep!

4 Likes

Because you are the master at logic and coherent comments…

Engage ‘full Donnington’ mode

1 Like

Adelaide’s inside mids killed it in the GF, Sloane and crouch dominated. But the pressure and contest over the whole ground were clearly won by Richmond. Contested work and pressure needs to come from 22 players not 1 inside gun.

6 Likes

All three are genuine talents with speed, ball carrying ability, robust inside capable physiques (Smith obviously knee issue which can happen to anyone). Their inclusion will enable other of our players to have more flexible roles, or “get off the chain”, they are exactly the age bracket we need and they are all three very exciting players. That last bit doesn’t just put bums on seats, it gets teammates going as well. I have little doubt we’ll be looking at inside mids at state level. There are no so called elite mids available, you can’t wave your wand and make it so.

I’ve said it once and now you’ve gone and made me say it again…

Donnington, plz

2 Likes

Oh, and ■■■■■■■ X Factor up the wazoo. Up your wazoo Donnington, and mine!

Donnington, pls.

2 Likes

Pazza is that you?

I can’t see us not trading pick 11 if we want to get Smith, Saad and Stringer without giving up a future pick. By all reports next year’s draft pool is special and draft picks will be an absolute premium, unlike this year. I’m actually open to trading our picks in this years draft.

9 Likes

Yes, it’s exciting these guys have nominated the Bombers as their preferred Club - but we still need to get them through the doors - whatever it takes.

I must admit donnington, your comments re: women/age/sex in the stringer thread, has made me leery of your position on just about anything.

3 Likes

I meant to reply to donnington not rhino woops.

Anyone know much about this guy?

1 Like