Midlife Crisis

Life today can be quite isolating, sometimes there’s work and not much else. Perhaps you could join one of the EFC supporters groups, they have lots of functions and catch up at games. It’s worth a try.

3 Likes

Best thing IMO, is to find somewhere to Volunteer.

One of the major things to continually appear in happiness quotient surveys World Wide.

Also joining up for activities, … Tennis Indoor Netball, Computer clubs, . whatever takes your fancy. Being around similar folk with similar intersts, and the Volunteering are almost dead certs to lead to new friendships.

Oh, … and stopping with the whole stalking thing would probably help too, … :wink:

7 Likes

Volunteering is a great idea!

1 Like

Both companies produced “Thruxtons” in 1965. bizarre, really.

1 Like

I would try joining a sports team.

Or a hobby that gets you out and meeting people.

3 Likes

cheers for the tips
going to the footy this week with an old friend i haven’t seen in a while really excited

14 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been told that even if I’m not working to still do things that make you feel good, or learn some new skills/hobbies. I’m thinking of getting some golf lessons. I’ve never played before but I’m thinking of having a crack at it. Not sure whether spends too much time in bunkers or trying to find my golf ball in the rough will make me happy though!

2 Likes

even just hitting the driving range is good. i felt i got a lot of time that was almost meditative whilst doing it. haven’t been for 5 years though, probably wouldn’t mind getting back into it.

3 Likes

Golf is a nice walk ruined

2 Likes

Donnington.

Just follow your passions which you can discover by reading/participating/watching as many things as possible. People dont usually mention the second bit.

When you hit something you like or think is cool. Work on it as hard as possible. Don’t work hard on something just because someone else looks cool doing it.

You will become interesting and friends will not be a problem.

A friend is someone who is interested in your wellbeing and shares your passions,they will just turn up.

Your welcome.

2 Likes

Ruined even more if you play with cheats.

Nothing more annoying than seeing someone hack six shots down the fairway, through bunkers, two into the water, four putts then post a “disappointing six”.

Used to play with a mate all the time, every week there’d be three or four holes like that. SO annoying.

1 Like

We buy coffee. What coffee company do you work for?

Hi Mero
Mill Creek.
They’re based on the Lower Mainland, but I represent the southern Okanagan region.
If you need someone to supply your office/work, let me know, and I’ll get on of the more local managers to give you a yell.
Cheers!

1 Like

How dare you

Finally have a new job lined up! Start on the 18th June, amazingly the company is Perth-based as per my last role (a former work colleague referred me on) so will be over in the west for 2 weeks training, which conveniently coincides with Essendon’s match v West Coast over there, before resuming the role in their Melbourne CBD office,. Got to say, by far the most challenging period I’ve had to encounter, but now glad I can move on and start the new chapter. Got a lot of advice and guidance from people which was a massive help to me. I’d like to pay it forward so if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation and you need someone to use as a sounding board, I’m happy to help!

35 Likes

Awesome news mate.

1 Like

Awesome news but none of you ■■■■■■ WA blokes should turn up for our game over there. It’s a foregone conclusion over there every friggin time

2 Likes

The whole time I lived in the west I saw 3 wins. Freo 2012, Freo and West Coast 2013. Been a barren time for red and blacks over in Perth. Just be happy to see the new stadium, will be poles apart compared to Subi!!

i hit the dreaded mid 30’s and now every now and again the mid life crisis thoughts seep in and freak the absolute ■■■■ out of me.

what have you done with your life ?
is this how a 35 yr old is suppose to act ?
what sort of person are you and or want to be ?

thankfully at present those thoughts only stay for a night, but absolutely dreading when the dam wall breaks.

1 Like

Think the advice about volunteering for something is very good, as is doing something you like rather than something everyone else seems to be doing. Forums like this are good but it’s too easy to be one thing or another, and also to forget there’s a real person/s on the other side. We all take the urine a bit on this site, can be harsh. Good thread though, and a good question to put out there.

1 Like