Minks stoner rock album reviews & Upcoming related gigs

Causa Sui are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

God damn. the people on this forum are insanely cool. Mink. theres a bunch of local melbourne bands you would love too. if you havent already, check out DEAD, Clagg and Wicked City

clagg are decent.

cant find dead with a name that simple.....

i know wicked city!

God damn. the people on this forum are insanely cool. Mink. theres a bunch of local melbourne bands you would love too. if you havent already, check out DEAD, Clagg and Wicked City

clagg are decent.

i know wicked city!

the 2 dudes in the band have been in a bazillion other bands. very good blokes

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DEAD/107872622609512?ref=ts&fref=ts

Artist: Grail
Album: Free Ride
Year: 2014
Genres: Metal, Hard, Stoner
Rating: 6.7

Sounds like: Motorhead, Judas Priest, Anthrax
Summary: So much punch! Aggressive and in your face with full throttle distortion and a voice that is full, grindy and powerfull all at once. These guys would be good live. Probably need to work on their diversity a little but its a sound thats worth a listen and you just might find yourself banging that head.

mie7nb.jpg

clagg are decent.

i know wicked city!

■■■■■■ ■■■■ feral glue though.

Always like a mindfield using that ■■■■ as preppy, people would stick ■■■■ in there. I still remember the one with a banana.

clagg are decent.

i know wicked city!

■■■■■■ **** feral glue though.

Always like a mindfield using that **** as preppy, people would stick **** in there. I still remember the one with a banana.

This is a pretty awesome rant.... doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense, but I like it!

Artist: Spiral Guru
Album: Let the Journey Begin
Genres: Stoner, Desert, Metal
Rating: 8.6

Sounds like: The Sword, Graveyard, Orange Goblin
Summary: Only the two songs but worth a mention regardless. Thick throaty unique guitar with a strong voice to go with it.  Its the guitar that makes this hit epic stoner levels. "The Fantastic Hollow Man" is the kind of sound that I hunt for. An absolute pleasure to discover this powerful, teeth clenching, head banging stoner awesomeness.

2nklzc7.jpg

https://spiralguru.bandcamp.com/album/let-the-journey-begin

Artist: Timestone
Album: Timestone EP
Genres: Desert, Psychedelic, Stoner
Rating: 7.2

Sounds like: Asteroid, Causa Sui, King Crimson
Summary: 3 song album that has pretty good fuzz elements as some trippy time warping psych sequences. Allmost that eerie old english sound to them in their 11 minute "All Wrong". Got a bit of a future i reckon.

r0p7w7.jpg

http://timestonerock.bandcamp.com/

Beastwars & Windhand doing a tour together soon.

Saw Beastwars at Cherry Rock and they were insanely good. really really strong.

10514582_10152341928283892_2124888995374

Yeah im probably going to this one too. Beastwars are incredible. ill have to wear something bomber related to it!

Ill probably wear something Truckfighters or Graveyard related ;)

Artist: Kyuss
Album: Sky Valley
Year: 1994
Genres: Stoner, Desert, Psychedelic

Rating: 9.0

Sounds like: Kyuss
Summary: What to say.... Opens with the riff laden "Gardenia" and you know you are in for a ride. That unforgettable Kyuss tuning and sound is something that sticks with you for life. The way songs drive hard, then completely stop, then hit you with a haunting riff or melodic piece of brilliance is what makes Kyuss so amazing. "Demon Cleaner" is a classic. The start of "Supa Scoopa and Mighty Scoop"... i cant not sing along with it.

Kyuss_Welcome_to_Sky_Valley.jpg

Kyuss – Sky Valley

Artist: Kyuss
Album: ...And the Circus Leaves Town
Year: 1995

Rating: 9.3

Sounds like: Kyuss
Summary: 'Hurricane', 'One Inch Man', the teasing intro to 'El Rodeo' and that brutal downtuned 'Gloria Lewis'. Another classic by Kyuss that brough together all of their previous elements but with a slightly more lean towards the fuzz and a bit darker than the psychedelic pure desert sounds of earlier albums. The last of their full album releases is definitely not a let down and boasts some of their best songs including 'Spaceship Landing' a fitting final song to 4 immortal albums.

Kyuss_...And_the_Circus_Leaves_Town.jpg

Kyuss – ...And The Circus Leaves Town

Artist: Truckfighters
Album: Mania
Year: 2009

Rating: 9.8

Sounds like: Kyuss, Truckfighters
Summary: Classic Truckfighters album which again shows melodic riffing turn into brutal attacking stoner material. Bit more variation in this album than in their debut album. 13 minute epic in Majestic has it all including violin. An absolute must listen album for stoner rock fans.

Truck-Mania-Cover--SM.jpg

Truckfighters – Mania

Album: Phi
Year: 2007

Rating: 9.5

Summary: There isnt a bad Truckfighters album although this one probably has the least amazinly memorable songs on it. That said, its still Truckfighters and that brutalness is still evident and the vocals are refined and amazing. Who am i kidding, this album is still full of great tracks, maybe its just that they are all good its hard to seperate the best from the rest.

tf-300.jpg

Truckfighters – Phi

http://youtu.be/LB5nZtVrBLc

Album: Mania
Year: 2009

Rating: 9.8

Summary: Classic Truckfighters album which again shows melodic riffing turn into brutal attacking stoner material. Bit more variation in this album than in their debut album. 13 minute epic in Majestic has it all including violin. An absolute must listen album for stoner rock fans.

Truck-Mania-Cover--SM.jpg

Truckfighters – Mania

Chose this one as my first try from the thread. Here's my review:

It doesn't make me want to drop mushies and dance around a Joshua Tree like Kyuss does, but it does make me want to sit in the back of a ute slamming tinnies.

hahaha epic!

ill load up a few more reviews tonight.

i was thinking i should start a website for this. but im lazy at learning stuff liek that

Artist: The Graviators

Album: Motherload

Genres: Stoner/Classic/Progressive

Rating: 8.5

Sounds like: Graveyard, Black Sabbath, Radio Moscow

Summary: Wow! a great new find that mixes elements of Sabbath with a good classic 70s rock feel. Amazing solos throughout the album and the epic long tracks are to die for. There are some great melodic bits which lead into fast paced riffing of high quality. This is one album not to be forgotten.

p18edqk3h811ag1v87ilkre2g1r4.jpg

Thanks for the preview...just been listening to this and love it so onto ebay and bought it straight away :)

I've had this playing in the car for the last week and I must say, it's farking brilliant so thanks Mink...I'd never have heard of it if you hadn't posted :)

so good!

the 2 really long tracks and the first one are my fav. especially the last song.