Mlb 2015

Should never have doubted them, my METS clinch the NL East title, and in a canter too.

Cue “The Impossible Dream”.

And I just read that one of the statistical deviations between Mets and Yankees fans is that Mets fans are far more likely to drink beer and own guns. One Yankee fan opined that that was because of their team.

Playoffs set

AL
WC - Houston @ NY Yankees
ALDS - Hou/NYY v Kansas City
- Texas v Toronto

NL
WC - Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh
NLDS - Cubs/Pitts v St Louis
- NY Mets v LA Dodgers

I think the winner of the Toronto-Texas series might be your WS winner, based on recent form and the AL having home field. Those teams are playing the best baseball right now. I predict the WS will be the Toronto/Texas winner against the Mets/Dodgers winner.

The best team in the NL right now might be the Cubs, but they’re the Cubs… something will happen, eventually. I see them beating Pittsburgh in the one-game because Arrieta is basically unhittable right now. And I hate to say it but I think they knock out my Cardinals. The Cards are tired, are beat up, and have a mental midget for a manager. The pitching has fallen off terribly in the last month and the offense isn’t good enough to compensate for it.

3-0 at stretch time. Altuve singled one in after a walk and steal.

Yep, alcohol addiction.

Girardi rumoured to be not far behind with the way the Yanks have been playing of late.

I think the winner of the Pirates/Cubs WC will beat the Cards as said above, Cards look a bit tired and have a few injuries.
I’m a poor tormented Cubs fan and am not getting hopes up at all, as they’ll no doubt find a way to mess it up.
Bartman’s not going apparently.

Yankees just feel into the wild card playoff game. Have had a shocking late-September/early October

I’ve been living in Toronto for the past 2.5 years and seriously the transformation this team has had since trade deadline is amazing! Last season and the season before that, heck even up until July you could go to a Jay’s game for $15-20 CAD in the '500s (bleachers) - now the Sky Dome (Rogers Centre) is selling out every game. Madness.

Jay’s have always (since I’ve been living in Toronto) been a couple of quality defensive acquisitions away from challenging for the WS - With Tulo, Price, Hawkins added to the roster and the hitting of Ed, Jose and Donaldson, seriously think we can go all the way if we play the way we’ve been playing since August.

Can’t wait for the ALDS vs Texas!

Yankees just feel into the wild card playoff game. Have had a shocking late-September/early October
Yep, will be touched up by the Stros in the WC game. CC gone for season now also, checked himself into rehab

Absolutely pathetic, need a big clean out starting with Girardi. Unacceptable season

As the only Mets supporter here, can I just say, F–k the Wankees!
And even if we lose to the Dodgers, as we’re expected to do, just remember we finished ahead of the crosstown rivals.
Now if Cespedes can just catch fire again and deGrom, Syndergaard and Harvey do their stuff, who knows?
Not sure about Harvey after the op recovery and the manager driven overuse drama but…at least we’re there.

Love that my Stros got the cash today!

Best part of the win was the most hated person at my work was sprouting hed be watching his yankees as hes off to the states Friday…didn’t realise my Stros had so many fans at work lol

Absolutely pathetic, need a big clean out starting with Girardi. Unacceptable season
Not sure why you think Girardi is the problem, I think he did a hell of a job considering what he had to work with. If I was looking for someone to go I wouldn't look much further then Cashman, he's done as bad a job putting together roster as Cherington did at the Red Sox the past two season. Cherington is now no longer employed.

When it comes to manager in baseball I think most have little impact on results because it’s such an individuals game, remember hearing someone say once a manager is there to keep everyone from killing each other in the clubhouse and to not screw things up by making stupid decisions on the field. Guys like Madden and Showalter are at the top end, then you have idiots like Matt Williams in Washington or when we had Bobby Valentine in Boston who do more harm then good.

Yeah the talk over here in Nth America is that the Yanks performed quite above expectations - lots didn’t see them make the post season.

Cubs up 4-0 in the 7th.

Schwarber with an RBI double and a 2-run shot, Fowler with an HR.

Arrieta just got plunked, clearing the benches. Probably deliberate as Arrieta has hit 2 Pirates.

Cubs won it 4-0 with Arrieta going the CG SHO

Can’t wait for Saturday our time, 4 games on one after the other, great day to not move off the couch.

Houston loaded them up with no outs in the first, and scored 2 on groundouts.

Altuve drove in Marisnick who’d hit a 2-out double.

Kendrys Morales just got one back with a drive to the right-field seats.

3-1 no outs bottom 2

Donaldson left todays game after being kneed in the head…accidental as he slid into 2nd. they went down 5-3