Mlb 2015

The billy goat’s name was Murphy.

There is some really heavy voodoo stuff going on with this whole thing.

Now that was tense.

Royals led 3-1 into the 8th, Bautista hits a 2-run HR to give him all 3 RBIs. Then a 40-minute rain delay.

Cain walks and comes home on Hosmer’s single…now, that’s flying.

Martin singles to lead off and his pinch-runner steals 2 bases to have Toronto with men on 2nd and 3rd with one out. Davis gets the last 2 outs. Tense and tight.

Royals put Mets down in order including a K of Murphy.

Then, Escobar’s first pitch gets by the outfielders for an inside-the-park HR.

They were saying the Royals had called up Rául Mondesi, and I’m thinking, hell’s bells, how old is he? But it’s his son who’s never played in the big leagues. Fair show of faith.

Mets called up Juan Uribe off the DL and dropped Matt Reynolds, who’s also never played a major league game.

Mets tie it in the 4th with an infield single from d’Arnaud scoring Murphy.

Solo HR by Granderson in the 5th gives the Mets a 2-1 lead.

4-4 into the 10th

Mets with a man on 2nd, 1 down, top of 11th

KC won game 1 in the bottom of the 14th on a Hosmer sac fly. They kept getting the leadoff man on but couldn’t get him home.

Granderson’s throw on the sac fly wasn’t far from getting an out. Huge throw on the fly from about 20’ in front of the warning track.

Go the Royals!!

So Volquez’ old man passed away before kick-off, and everybody (including Fox!) kept it quiet to keep him focussed.

Uhhhh… thanks guys?

Royals up 4-1 at the stretch.

Mets scored first, thanks to a couple of walks, then the Royals chased De Grom in the 5th with a string of hits…Hosmer with the 2-run single, to score 4 in the inning.

Cueto up around 100 pitches but looks to go at least one more to give the bullpen some rest after last night’s marathon.

Pretty much game over
6-1, dude on 3rd and 1 out.

Royals scored 3 more in the 8th on a single, double, double, sac fly, triple with the first 5 hitters.

Cueto pitched a CG 2-hitter.

De Grom takes the loss.

So Volquez' old man passed away before kick-off, and everybody (including Fox!) kept it quiet to keep him focussed.

Uhhhh… thanks guys?

I understood that he knew about it.
So Volquez' old man passed away before kick-off, and everybody (including Fox!) kept it quiet to keep him focussed.

Uhhhh… thanks guys?

Not according to what I've read:
Kansas City Royals management said they did not tell Volquez about his 63-year-old father Daniel dying in the Dominican Republic following years of heart disease because Volquez’s wife Roandry asked them not to until after her husband had pitched. Volquez only found out when he was removed from the game and walked into the clubhouse, where general manager Dayton Moore took him to see his wife and 2-year-old twin daughters in the manager’s office.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/royals/2015/10/28/edinson-volquez-father-died-world-series-game-1/74750042/

Uhhhh… thanks guys?

Not according to what I've read:
Kansas City Royals management said they did not tell Volquez about his 63-year-old father Daniel dying in the Dominican Republic following years of heart disease because Volquez’s wife Roandry asked them not to until after her husband had pitched. Volquez only found out when he was removed from the game and walked into the clubhouse, where general manager Dayton Moore took him to see his wife and 2-year-old twin daughters in the manager’s office.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/royals/2015/10/28/edinson-volquez-father-died-world-series-game-1/74750042/

Oh well…I wasn’t watching religiously but I thought he knew.

Obviously I misunderstood.

Mets win 9-3 behind Syndegaard and 4 RBIs from David Wright.

The Buckner moment hits the Mets this time.

Mets leading 3-2 top 8. Zobrist and Cain one-out walks.

Hosmer hits a roller straight through Murphy at 2nd, scoring Zobrist. Moustakas comes through with another single driving in Cain. Now 4-3 KC with one out and runners at the corners.

Conforto 2 HRs earlier, and a reviewed sac-fly the Mets were lucky didn’t get overturned.

Now Perez drives in Hosmer. Still runners at the corners.

Gordon GIDP so 5-3 mid 8, with the Royals lethal bullpen to save it.

Huge win for royals.

And Davis closes it out in 2 innings, despite giving up one-out singles to Murphy and Céspedes. Duda GIDP to end it.

3-1 Royals in the series, presumably with Harvey and Volquez on the mound tomorrow.

KC have rallied late about 5 times this postseason…