Mlb 2015

Great stuff KC, finish them now

Mets leading 2-0 into the 9th, Harvey still pitching.

He walks Cain who steals, then Hosmer doubles into the left-field corner. Now 2-1 with a man on 2nd with no outs. Harvey out now.

If they lose from here, Collins will be talking with a squeaky voice.

This was the first extra-base hit for the WS from 3-4-5 hitters on either team.

Moustakas moved him across with a groundout to first, then Perez hits one to short, where Wright looked Hosmer back and threw to first for the out, but Hosmer broke on the throw and Duda threw it away. Gordon grounded out to the pitcher.

2-2 mid 9.

Royals up 4-2 now in the 12th.

Sums up their post season. Just can’t write them off

Make that 7-2

Top of the 12th…Perez bloop singles and is replaced by Dyson, who steals 2nd, moves across on a Gordon groundout and pinch-hitter Colon drives him in. Orlando reaches on another error by Murphy. Escobar, who’s got a 14-game hitting streak and was 0-5, doubles down the left-field line to score 1 more, Zobrist is walked and Cain clears the bases with a double.

7-2 still with one out.

Lol mets

And the Royals won 7-2.

8 of their 11 post-season wins won by the bullpen.

Well, it wasn’t meant to be. But I enjoyed the ride.

Great win by KC, they were the one team they could score consistently against anyone.

Will be an interesting off season for the Mets, will retain much of their pitching as they are young and under team control. Likely to lose some bats though, the owners the McCourts doesn’t really have money after getting caught up in the madoff ponzi scheme a few years back.

The Wilpons used to own the Mets, and they got beneficial treatment by Madoff (ie he paid them and not many others) but they were forced to refund it. I thought the McCourts owned the Dodgers.

You’d reckon they’d struggle to keep Cespedes, maybe Murphy too, although he had an ordinary WS…well, both of them did.

I think there might be another eastern team Kelly Johnson hasn’t played for - I know he’s done all 5 in the AL East, Braves twice and Mets.

A few other high-priced non-regulars will probably go, eg Uribe and Colon.

Yep you’re right, wrong dodgy ownership.

I’d be surprised if they can afford Yo, as for Murphy he had an average season great two weeks to start the playoffs then back to average. They will give him qualifying offer, think it’s in the 12-14m range.

Braves have swapped their gun shortstop Andrelton Simmons to the Angels for Erick Aybar and 2 rookie pitchers, one of whom my Angel-supporting nephew is disturbed to lose. If they trade Freddie Freeman, I’ll be really cranky. They’ve offloaded other home-grown quality players like Heywood and Kimbrel.

In other news related to both these clubs, RHP Tommy Hanson has died at the age of 29 of ‘catastrophic organ failure’. Sounds like a drug overdose, whether intentional or accidental.

Looked really good in his first couple of seasons, but dropped off pretty badly.

Red Sox making it rain, Price 7 years $217M, he has an opt out after 3 season.

Didn’t see this coming as he traditionally has a poor relationship with both the Red Sox fan base and their biggest personality, Big Papi.

MLB contracts just continue to grow, can’t be long before we see our first $40m per season deal signed, ■■■■■■ crazy!

Crazy…worth it thou…wont go further than 3 years

Cubs sign Heyward, Zobrist and Lackey.
Handy additions.

D-Backs have signed Greinke and Shelby Miller. Although the commentators reckon the Braves did really well out of the trade getting last year’s #1 pick, SS Dansby Swanson, OF Ender Inciarte and a ML pitcher.

Red Sox have pickedp one of the best closers in Craig Kimbrel too.

Still a few free agents out there, although it looks like Baltimore have cracked the sads with Scott Boras, the US version of Paul Connors. They withdrew their offer to 1B Chris Davis after suggesting Boras lied.

Jeff Samardzija to the Giants as well.

Mets look like they’ve given up on Daniel Murphy, and bolstered the middle infield with SS Asdrubal Cabrera from Tampa and 2B Neil Walker from Pittsburgh.

Atlanta are completely recasting the team ready for their move of stadium in 2017.

Picked up CWS C Tyler Flowers to go with his former teammate A J Pierzynski.

Offloaded C Christian Bethancourt to San Diego for a catcher and a pitcher.

Picked up INF Erick Aybar and a couple of young pitchers for Simmons.

Picked up INF Gordon Beckham.

I hope they realise they can’t trade Freddie Freeman or Julio Teheran.

Cueto to the Giants, haven’t seen the $$ yet but given the market so far this off season, safe to assume the deal will be large. Gives San Fran another top end starter and puts them right back in contention, particularly with the Dodgers losing Grenkie and no big time replacements let on the market.

Oakland sign Madson.

Had a great year but I must admit I’m a tad weary of a 35 year old on decent coin.