Mlb 2016

Sale continues shredding it up in Chicago

Fixed.

HAHA

Some local news, MLB have given up their 75% share of the ABL, along with that will go the funding which props it up, leaving the league in precarious position. Baseball Victoria have advised they will effectively take over running the Aces leaving Huber GM, but will aim for better alignment between the team and the states development pathways and local leagues. I'd say the other states will take a similar approach, time will tell suppose.

The most likely scenario as I see it is a cut down version of the ABL going forward, with less imports which will directly effects the standard of play. Not a great day for baseball in Australia, particularly with the news the sport will return to the Olympics in 2020.

A lot of people see it the otherway as it gives Aussies a better pathway to success with less imports at each club and more development through lower leagues. Time will tell

There’s only one Aussie in the majors at the moment, isn’t there? Maybe two, with Pete Moylan (if he’s still up there) and a pitcher called Hendricks - not the one at the Cubs though.

Edit: Pete Moylan at the Royals and Liam Hendriks at the A’s.

Ah my Giants. Have gone from being the best team in baseball before the all star break to the worst since. 4-13 including losing games in all manner of ways while leading late. Still have a 2-game lead in the West but I am not holding my breath…

Ah my Giants. Have gone from being the best team in baseball before the all star break to the worst since. 4-13 including losing games in all manner of ways while leading late. Still have a 2-game lead in the West but I am not holding my breath...
Even the Bravos would kick your sorry arses. Won 2 of 3 against the Bucs. Off to St Louis for 3 games now. Hopefully make Stealth Bomber rave about Mike Matheny again.
Ah my Giants. Have gone from being the best team in baseball before the all star break to the worst since. 4-13 including losing games in all manner of ways while leading late. Still have a 2-game lead in the West but I am not holding my breath...
Even the Bravos would kick your sorry arses. Won 2 of 3 against the Bucs. Off to St Louis for 3 games now. Hopefully make Stealth Bomber rave about Mike Matheny again.
Colorado by far the hottest team in baseball after the break. Who would have thunk it!

And what about KC? Wow thats some fall post WS. Almost Giants-like :slight_smile:

Colorado by far the hottest team in baseball after the break. Who would have thunk it!

And what about KC? Wow thats some fall post WS. Almost Giants-like :slight_smile:

With the likes of Cargo, Nolan and Story, they were always bound to get on a role at some stage.

Unbelievable hitting power.

Mark Texeira to retire at season’s end.

Good call. Can still play but body is broken.

I’ll be happy if A-Rod goes too.

With the likes of Cargo, Nolan and Story, they were always bound to get on a role at some stage.

Story’s year is over, injured.

Story’s year is over, injured.

Too bad.

Luckily they still have the likes of Blackmon who can contribute.

A-Roid to hold a press conference tomorrow -I assume to announce his retirement.

Ichiro gets his 3000th hit…not bad considering he only started in the MLB after many years in Japan.

And the Braves score 6 in the first 2 off Adam Wainright…winning 6-3 after a 13-5 shellacking last night.

Giants waste a Bumgarner gem (8IP, 2 hits, 1ER) to lose 1-0 to the Nats :frowning:

I don’t even have the energy anymore to do that.

Luckily I’m going to be actually at Busch on Thursday night so I can curse him out in person.

I don’t even have the energy anymore to do that.

Luckily I’m going to be actually at Busch on Thursday night so I can curse him out in person.

Braves making a big run at the playoffs now…only about 25 games out.

But some guys are actually hitting OK now…Garcia, Peterson and Inciarte going well. Even Erick Aybar is getting some good hits.

Not sure what they’re going to do with the outfield though…my suspicion is that with Mallex Smith back in a month, they might trade Ender Inciarte over the off-season for a good pitcher. I suspect they want to keep Francoeur at least for backup, and with Kemp and Markakis, and d’Arnaud able to fill in, the outfield might be OK.

I’ll be interested to see what they do for a manager…wonder if David Ross is a chance…from all accounts, he’s a manager in waiting…and he spent a couple of years in Atlanta.

Brandon Crawford with a lazy 7 hits last night as the Giants actually win one! Were down 1-5 to the Marlins. Ended up winning 8-7 in the 14th.

Benintendi Almost got his first home run today, called back to a double on replay

Going to go see my Giants take on the Orioles on Sunday. Will get to see Cueto for the first time. Excited. Taking my 4yo and also my mum (her first game). Hopefully will last longer than 3 innings this time!

Essendon need to sue the NY Yankees for breach of copyright.

Admittedly, it was a big effort but two guys hit homers for them in their first at-bats…Tyler Austin and Aaron Judge. Judge’s was a monster to deep centre.

But now they’re the Baby Bombers.

What a debacle yesterday. Cueto pitching a gem, our offense on a roll, and we lead 7-1 at the end of the 5th. My daughter had had enough so we decided to leave and head back home. Ofcourse our bullpen completely unravels and we end up losing 8-7 (with Casilla giving up a 3 run HR in the 9th). Worst loss of the year (and there is healthy competition for that).

I took the DSLR to the game. Will post some photos later.