Mlb 2016

Just watched the first half of the new Ken Burns doco on Jackie Robinson. It's not bad.

2 episodes…225 minutes.

I downloaded the '94 documentary “Baseball” which was done by him, the other day which I haven’t gotten around to watching yet.

There are 10 episodes roughly and each episode goes for roughly an hour and a half each…

Just watched the first half of the new Ken Burns doco on Jackie Robinson. It's not bad.

2 episodes…225 minutes.

I downloaded the '94 documentary “Baseball” which was done by him, the other day which I haven’t gotten around to watching yet.

There are 10 episodes roughly and each episode goes for roughly an hour and a half each…

Yeah, I’ve seen a bit of that…I believe it was updated.

I actually thought they overdid the black element in that series. It was crucial from say 1940 to 1960. After that, it was commonplace. Before that, it was incidental.

And as for the regular erroneous references to “Baseball, the ONLY game where the defence have the ball”, well just don’t get me started. I did learn that only clubs from New York, excluding my Mets, and Boston really count though.

Dee Gordon cops an 80 game suspension for PEDs

Dee Gordon cops an 80 game suspension for PEDs

That is a massive loss for the Marlins.

Arguably the best second baseman in the league in competition with Altuve.

Have moved back to San Francisco after 3 yrs up north in Seattle. Looking forward to going to games again. Might try and hit one up next week. Can’t wait!

Have moved back to San Francisco after 3 yrs up north in Seattle. Looking forward to going to games again. Might try and hit one up next week. Can't wait!
Wow, can't believe you've been in Seattle for 3 years, doesn't seem that long since you told us you were moving up there. Good time to get back, should be a nice race in the NL East, I very much doubt the Rockies will have what it takes to remain where they are at the moment.

The Rockies are interesting.

They have arguably the best player going around at the moment in Arenado plus Cargo, Blackmon, Reyes and Story chipping in offensively.

But their starting rotation and bullpen are pure AIDS and are going to lose them as many games as their bats win them.

But Arenado is seriously slaying it so far this season, proving last year was no one off.

Boston keep on hitting…and need to …only half the rotation is doing any good…Porcello standing up to his late season form

Arenado would be a superstar playing in a major market. He is an absolute gun.

Nats hitting everything

Interesting series coming up against Cubs

That’s another Story.

That’s another Story.

Both of them hit homers today in a 17-7 win over the Giants, with a 13-run 5th.

Matt Cain went into the 5th with 10 hits and 6 earned runs. Then Mazzaro took over…1 out, 6 hits, one BB, 7 earned runs. ERA now 63.

Wow 63
HAHA!

Now this I don’t believe!

42 years old and he just lost his hitting virginity, the oldest ever. His home run lap is reported to be one of the slowest ever recorded. He gave up a 3 run homer in the third, I think because he was exhausted from having run so far.

Cubs 23-6…best start from any team for yonks.

Beaten their closest rivals in Washington the last 2 days. Beat up on Pittsburgh last year.

Arrieta is falling away though. Gave up a run the other day. ERA of 0.85 I think.

Cubs 23-6.....best start from any team for yonks.

Beaten their closest rivals in Washington the last 2 days. Beat up on Pittsburgh last year.

Arrieta is falling away though. Gave up a run the other day. ERA of 0.85 I think.

Total freak.

He's human today
Bryant got him out of the poo with a tying 2-run single, then Baez won it for the Cubs with a 13th inning homer.

ERA up to 1.13…3 runs given up in 5 innings.

Bryce Harper - 7 times up…0 at-bats. 6 walks (3 intentional), 1 hit-by-pitch.

First time it’s happened in more than 100 years.

He’s human today