Mlb 2017

Yes, you are right …

I’m new to this! :slight_smile:

Won’t be following this Ice Hockey team… for obvious reasons!

Didn’t make it to any of the Braves games. Now we host the Nationals…

Harper goes HAM.

So that was an interesting series against the Nats. Bottom line - we got swept. Were never ever in contention. And, frankly, despite the false hope generated by us winning 4 of the prior 5 series the fundamental holes in our lineup (outfield, lack of hitting with RISP) just showed up again.

Now to THAT brawl. As much as I think Harper is a prima donna I really don’t blame him for taking offense to Hunter Strickland hitting him. The two of them have history going back to the NLDS back in '14 when Harper hit 2 epic HRs off Strickland and showed him up by repeatedly shouting “you f’ing suck!”. Strickland decided to carry that beef for 2.5 years? Dude! You got a ring. Chill. We are down 2-0 and you decide to do that? Buster knew what was up and decided to let it play out without risking himself in the brawl. Ultimately, the one person who got injured was our own Michael Morse who got accidentally collected by Samardzija and now has a concussion.

This season. Honestly.

Harper is one of the biggest prima donnas in the game and has a thoroughly punchable head, but Strickland was way out of line and deserved the response. Jose Bautista is the only other one I can think of offhand who carries on like that. He even flipped the bat after a homer vs the Braves to bring the score from 8-3 to 8-4. And of course, Toronto pitchers pitching inside hit 7 Braves batters, including putting Freddie out for 3 months.

Not sure whats going on with the Cubs (25-27 and have lost 6 straight). You’d expect the cream to rise to the top but it sure is intriguing.

Big runs, for and against, happen to most teams most years. Long, long season.

Won 3-2 against the Cards today. Bryant homer.

Luckily for them, they’re still within a game or two in the NL Central.

Albert Pujols brings up HR number 600 with a grand slam.

Stood and watched it too…but within reason, was pretty close to the foul pole.

Braves gave up a 2-0 lead in the 9th yesterday. Johnson gave up two doubles, and with the second of them on third, threw the pitch way over the catcher’s head for the tying run. They gave up the winner in the 10th.

Today led 5-1 after a Matt Adams salami, and ended nine at 5-5. Adams hit a solo shot and this time, Johnson held on.

We lose the series to the Phillies and officially hit the lowest point in the last decade.

Phillies are crap.
Bartolo Colón is so finished it’s not funny.
Phillies beat the Braves 11-4

Astros just keep on doing it…albeit the last time I posted they lost rhe next 3…lol

This is my last post about the astros,yes they lost after I posted lol

Not even half way through the season and everyone bar the Astros in the AL West are playing for a Wild Card.

Angels and Mariners who are 2nd and 3rd in the division are both 13 games behind the Astros.

Astros v Cubs will be a heck of a WS!

Mariners have won 9 of their last 10 to get back to .500. Will probably go on about a 8 game losing streak now, it’s just the Mariners way.

Here is a weird one. Giants were leading at the Brewers 5-3 bottom of the 9th. Our closer Melancon comes on and promptly gives up 2 runs, blows the save. Game is tied. We break it open with 4 runs in the top of the 10th. Then Derek Law pitches around some trouble to seal the deal. We win 9-5.

BUT, Melancon gets the official “W”. Why doesn’t Law get the W? Just the save?

Sounds like BS for Melancon.

The one that gets me is when a starter gets pulled after 4.2 with the lead and another guy gets one out and then gets pulled. The second guy gets the W. I understand why the starter doesn’t, but it should be someone who’s made a significant contribution. Different matter, of course, if the second pitcher pitches out of a bases-loaded or RISP position.

Like in Game 7 of the '14 WS. Mad Bum pitched 5 innings but got the Save. Affeldt got the W.

Yanks go nuts against Baltimore.

Tanaka aside, looking good this year.