Mlb 2017

Washington have picked up C Matt Wieters from the O’s and 1B Adam Lind from Seattle.

So, this is how democracy dies :wink:

Glad to get those 30sec back.

So, this is how democracy dies ;)

Not sure that’s a bad move though…nor the thought of putting a man on second in extra innings.

Long extras games just blow up bullpens. I think I’d suggest they do it in say the 12th or 13th rather than the 10th.

The IBB comes unstuck once every blue moon with a wild pitch. Generally it’s boring.

Not sure that’s a bad move though…nor the thought of putting a man on second in extra innings.

Long extras games just blow up bullpens. I think I’d suggest they do it in say the 12th or 13th rather than the 10th.

The IBB comes unstuck once every blue moon with a wild pitch. Generally it’s boring.

Got no issue with it. Wasted time. Need to hurry up batters and pitchers to make games quicker

Got no issue with it. Wasted time. Need to hurry up batters and pitchers to make games quicker

Starting in Boston? They’ve had a terrible reputation in the regard.

Still think my Astros are short of starting rotation pitchers…plenty of bats but not enough arms!

Pre-season games have started in earnest.

DonMania will be ecstatic that the Giants beat the Cubs (who had their stars playing in another game). Played with a split squad.

Biggest highlight I’ve seen was the homer hit by rookie Aaron Judge of the Yankees. Homered in his first AB last season, and hit a monstrous homer just left of centerfield - luckily it hit the very top of the scoreboard and bounced back. Otherwise, it’s on the highway and heading for Cuba.

Red Sox thought back from 2-7 to win 8-7. Some good at bats for Betts and Han Ram. The Twins outfielders couldnt catch a cold

After all the excitement leading up to Spring Training..its 3 games in and you realise its spring training. I cant tell you who half our guys are at the moment haha.
The guys pitching and hitting in the last 4 innings - only the biggest fans will recognise most of the names - not many are on the 40-man roster, let alone 25-man. They're all just hoping to make a big impression, like Evan Gattis did 4 or 5 years back, after he'd given up on his dream and attempted suicide. Hits a swag of homers in pre-season, gets put on the roster and homers in his first game...just when his dad was being interviewed. Emotional moments!

After all the excitement leading up to Spring Training…its 3 games in and you realise its spring training. I cant tell you who half our guys are at the moment haha.

Pre-season games have started in earnest.

DonMania will be ecstatic that the Giants beat the Cubs (who had their stars playing in another game). Played with a split squad.

Biggest highlight I’ve seen was the homer hit by rookie Aaron Judge of the Yankees. Homered in his first AB last season, and hit a monstrous homer just left of centerfield - luckily it hit the very top of the scoreboard and bounced back. Otherwise, it’s on the highway and heading for Cuba.

I will take ANY win against the Cubs. That Game 4 top of the 9th meltdown is still hurting!

Interesting to see both of our LF options Williamson and Parker have good pre-seasons so far…

World Baseball Classic on next week.

Thought with WBC being on now it would be perfect but no USA team guys want in

Sorry to be late to the party here, but can you get a one side only MLB TV deal here in Aus?

That would be awesome. I rely on my Foxtel plus dodgy streams.

Can’t wait for the real stuff to start.

Yeah…still costs about $100 though. At Bat app is included. Go to mlb.com site and mlb.tv

American Heroes Buster Posey and Brandon Crawford.

Did they star in that documentary about American firefighters, policemen, paramedics etc with Carmen Luvana?

1 Like

Sandoval having a huge spring training, good to see

Next Tuesday Espn have games from 3am through to 3pm back to back

All starts Monday morning with the Yankees and Rays

So awesome to see baseball back at AT&T Park last night. Still spring training but we beat the A’s 3-0. Can not wait for Sunday!

Going to be another long year for us Yankees I fear