Mlb 2017

8 straight for the Yankees after a slow opening week

Judge is going OK. Who was the guy who debuted with Judge, and also hit a homer that day? Was that Hicks?

Both Hicks and Judge have played since opening day. Which game you talking about?

Debut games after Teixeira and ARoid stepped down - Sept last year, maybe August. I know Judge homered in his first game as did a fellow debutant. Was Hicks the fellow debutant?

No, that was Tyler Austin. Both Judge and Austin homered in their first at bats against Tampa.
Hicks has been around a couple of years, we got him from the Twins

Judge is a monster

Red Sox are doing well thanks to Sale, the guy is an absolute gun

.91 ERA. WOW!

Leading the Strike outs too

Stick a fork in the Giants. MadBum injured in a FRIGGING DIRT BIKE ACCIDENT on our day off. Dirt biking? Seriously dude?

6-8 weeks out for MadBum. Ok. I will be at the pub.

THERE WILL BE DRINKING!

Good ole Mariners, should know not to go into a season with hope.

Last two season our road record has been better than our record at SAFECO, this year we are 2-10 on the road and 6-3 at SAFECO.

Got done 19-9 in Detroit today and lost Hainger (rookie RF) who has been our most productive hitter so far this season to a strained oblique, so you would assume that is at least a 4-6 week injury. Also lost King Felix after two innings with an as yet undisclosed shoulder injury. Aren’t exactly any good shoulder injuries for a pitcher to have.

Paxton with a big outing today as we beat the Lions 8-0.

Paxton’s been our best pitcher this season so far.

JUDGE!
Yankees have come back from 9-1

Holliday homer in the 10th completes the comeback

1 Like

In another comeback, Atlanta came back from 4-0 and 8-4 down to win 10-8 in Milwaukee. 3-run double from Kemp and go-ahead 2-run HR to Freddie for the win.

If you can’t keep a team scoreless, try to avoid the ‘crooked numbers’, numbers other than 1.

The Rockies avoided the crooked numbers against the Nationals Thursday, but still lost 16-5.

Gave up 1 run in 5 innings and 11 in the 7th.

Madbum out for 3 months

Went to the game yesterday with my wife and 5yo, first one for the year, as my Giants took on the Padres. Things were going great. Blach pitched an absolute gem and we are up 2-0 with 2 more outs to get in the top of the 9th. I look at my wife and daughter and say “lets leave after the next out to beat the traffic”. Boom. 2 run HR game tied. We get up and leave. They give up a 3 run HR in the top of the 11th and we lose 5-2.

This season is the pits.

I do really feel for you. Those 3 World Series memories must surely have completely dissipated by now.

I have a little more sympathy for the Rangers who lost a World Series because their right-fielder got a touch scared going near the wall. 2 outs in the 9th and Nelson Cruz squibbed it, leading to a loss. One of the few times in baseball (or cricket) where you can say a fielding effort definitely (i.e. literally definitely) cost a team the game, as with Bill Bucknor in 1986. Most other times you can say you think it was the defining moment, but the team had more chances later to rectify the miscue, e.g. the Don Denkinger blown call in 1985…

2 Likes