Mlb 2018

We ain’t catching you for the division so it’s just a matter of time. These wins are vital for us though if we hope to clinch a WC berth

Phils just keep stinking it up against the Mets and Marlins. Seem to go alright against everyone who’s any good.

If we go out in the Div round we fans going to be pis&ed

Both sides won today…now for 4 games between them in Atlanta. Braves have a very poor home record…comparatively. If Atlanta win 3 games against the Phils out of the 7 to play, it’s all over.

But will get swept in the first playoff series.

Can just see us losing to the A’s in this stupid wild card playoff

Yep. A one off game anything can happen. I’d back us against most sides in a series if we can squeeze through the WC game

A very accurate article on the state of the Giants. I still wouldn’t trade the 3 WS titles for anything:

Braves win the first game against the Phils 8-3. Tied at 3-3 into the 7th, then Duda doubled in one and in the 8th, scored 4 more on two lead-off singles, and a succession of wild pitches, walks and sac flies.

Sox lead 11-6 into the bottom of the 9th.

A’s thrashed the Angels 21-3 with every starter scoring at least 2. The one exception, Semien, drove in 5.

Rays led 8-2 into the bottom of the 9th in Toronto and gave up 7 runs.

wow - that’s impressive and good on them.

UP THE RED SOX AL EAST CHAMPS!!!

1 Like

Bite me…i have a soft spot for the Rays.

well since I saw them play I got interested in how the Blue Jays went this year

so you can take your teeth from the glass and bite me

Braves’ magic number down to 2, so one more win against the Phillies will clinch. Phils scored 3 in the 7th to go up 4-1 and Atlanta replied with 5 in the bottom half. Held on to win 6-5.

Red Sox beat the Tribe 7-5 and except for the Cubs losing to the White Sox, not too many surprises.

Braves have clinched the NL East with a third win over the Phils 5-3. 2 2-run singles in the first 2 innings and Foltynewicz kept the Phils hitless till the 8th. Scored 3 in the 8th and Suzuki drove in an insurance run. Vizcaíno registered the save.

I’d have thought this was a year or two ahead of expectations. They didn’t sign any big names, picked up Culberson for Kemp and early in the season brought in Acuña Jr. Still short on for steady, reliable pitching and while I think they’d get swept by any contending AL team, there are no NL standouts this year. With the exception of Acuña, the starting 8 at the end of the year was the same as the start. And Acuña has become only the 4th player in MLB to hit 25 homers and steal 15 bases before turning 21. Alex Rodriguez and Mike Trout are two of the other three.

1 Like

Cliched a WC spot, hopefully we can hold off the A’s for home field advantage

We are coming for you.

Playing extremely well right now.

Angels scored 5 in the 8th to take a 5-1 lead. Astros came back with 9 in the bottom half.

3-run homer for Trout

Congrats Noonan, good to see the Braves get in there

I hope the A’s smash the Yanks…cant stand them

1 Like

All the contending teams had wins, bar the Yanks and A’s…with Red Sox and Indians into extras now.

Braves sent out the second team, bar Freeman and Markakis, who had one AB each. Both running for 162-game seasons. Lane Adams both RBIs for the Braves in a 2-1 win.

Yeah, second that. Congrats AN. Hope they do well in the playoffs.