MLB 2024

astros remarkably back over 500 without there pitching staff
Verlander Garcia McCullers may return

Javier urqidy gone for Tommy John

Phillies get back some hitting and deal comfortably with the Dodgers. Still waiting for them to collapse. Possible back injury to Wheeler might be the start.

Cleveland Guardians take Aussie Travis Bazzana with the No. 1 overall pick

4 Likes

It’s a great result for him, he’s had big wraps for a while now. I looked through the list of the 38 Aussies that have played MLB and realised I have played with three of them (Josh Spence, Lewis Thorpe and Aaron Whitefield), and played against two more (Graeme Lloyd and Shane Lindsay).

And the son of one of those 38 just signed with Oakland.
17yo Max Durrington son of Trent just signed a seven figure contract with the A’s

1 Like

Home run derby is done and dusted, but all anyone will ever remember was how bad this was.

1 Like

Bobby Witt Jnr is in insane form at the moment.

Needed a single for the cycle and the pitcher does this.

https://x.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1815567513209483364?s=61

I’m surprised at what’s happened to Whit Merrifield.

Before Witt, he was one of KC’s brightest stars.

Then he was traded to Toronto last season, to the Phillies and then DFA’ed and lands with the Braves to offset Ozzie Albies’ broken wrist. And I think he’s going to back up a prospect.

Braves’ bats are tonguing some major league bum cracks this season after last season’s homer frenzy. A few bad injuries…Strider, Acuna, Albies, Murphy and now Fried is out too.

White Sox drop their 21st game in a row.

I remember when the Orioles went 0-21 to start a season.

Can move to 5th on the list tomorrow if they lose to the A’s

A couple of no-hitters lately: one to the Padres’ Dylan Cease and one to the former Padre pitcher now at Giants, Blake Snell.

Snell’s last 5 starts have been unbelievable!

White Sox won a game.

Booooooo. Where is the sense of history, Sox?

Dbacks have gone from blowing it up two months ago to being within 3 games of the Dodgers.

1 Like

Yikes, Braves v Dodgers, 2-2 top of 9th, 2 out, then triple (Smith), intentional walk (Ohtani), single (Betts), single (Freeman), HR (Hernandez), HR (Edman), HR (Muncy).

Dodgers win 9-2. Ouch.

That bottom 8th, men on 2nd and 3rd, none out. No score. D’Arnaud should at least have been trying to force in that go-ahead run. Happens far too often. The go-for-glory homer.

1 Like

Good comeback by the Dodgers pitcher to blow them away with 100mph+ 4-seams.

Is anyone else getting crap picture quality streaming from mlb.tv? The last few nights it has been bad for about 90% of the game. It clicks into high quality at random times but reverts back to blurry after about 20 seconds. I am watching at a time that is after midnight in USA so wouldn’t have thought their servers would be overloaded. Streaming ABC or SBS at e the same time has no issues.