Most Famous Person you have Met

I got naked with Studley Cornes in the onsen at the Mominoki Hotel in Hakuba earlier this year.

S Hit Peter Cosgrove in the head with a cricket ball, twice.

Reminds me. I hit Ken Fraser’s brother in the nuts playing cricket back in the day. We won the schools association premiership so the teachers challenged us to a game. Mr Fraser opened the batting and I the bowling. Dug one in short but it shot through low on the malthoid (tar covered concrete) wicket and caught him square in the goolies! Much hilarity ensued.

Macleod High?

Newlands High “School”. Was next door to Pentridge. ■■■■ of a school. But the cricket team - oh my…

I got naked with Studley Cornes in the onsen at the Mominoki Hotel in Hakuba earlier this year.

Hasn’t everyone?

Hasn’t everyone?

Which one was you?

I was cunningly disguised as the soap.

I was cunningly disguised as the soap.
I was thinking you may have been the elderly German fellow with the enormous sac.

Tim “Ripper” Owens. He’s famous to me, and a super nice bloke

He was the singer for Judas Priest for a while fwiw

Sat next to Dr Who on a plane flight from Melbourne to Sydney. The guy that was Tristian in "All Creatures Great and Small", not Tom Baker unfortunately.

Hit Peter Cosgrove in the head with a cricket ball, twice.

Chatted to Danny Bonducci in LA. Weird guy.

Tried (and failed) to get Brooke Satchwell’s phone number at a charity event.

Got ■■■■■■ with Ian Healy in a Townsville pub on a wednesday night.

Had Jimmy Barnes entertain my then-1 year-old son for about 45 minutes in an airline lounge in New Zealand.

Have boxed with Ben Robert-Smith and held my own (very briefly).

Also sat next to Patrick Smith on a flight to Canberra once. I beligerently denied him use of the arm-rest for the entire trip.

Fair achievement that one. That guy is huge.

It was prior to him doing his SAS selection course, so he wasn’t quite the unit he is now, but he was still a monster. He was actually so big that he couldn’t carry his pack when the battalion was doing parachute jumps as it put him over the weight limit allowed for each paratrooper. They had to put his pack in the equipment bundles with the mortar rounds and batteries. He was also an exceptional rugby player.

We were doing milling for PT, which is basically boxing without defence (ie- 30 second bouts of just trying to pummell each other), and I got paired off with him as I was the next biggest guy there at the time and I don’t think anyone else wanted to “volunteer” (6’2/95kg vs 6’9/120kg seems like a fair match up). Try telling a soldier he gets to punch an officer in the head as much as wants for 30 seconds and see if he can try not to smile like a maniac. I like to think I gave as good as I got, but I’m very thankful for having a boxing helmet and mouthguard.

does meeting furious george on blitz count

Yay, I’m famous!

I've remembered a few more. I've had breakfast with Cathy Freeman, played Joe Camillieri's pink sax, swam in Roger Moore's pool and had a few ciggies with Dean Rioli.
Oh Deckham, you're a starlet.
I can't believe Deckham has shagged a gold medalist.
male or female? Or one of each?
I can't believe Deckham has shagged a gold medalist.
male or female? Or one of each?
That part is none of my business.

The Dalai Lama, Gurumayi, John Coleman, Jacky Clarke who taught me how to kick a footy. Ronny Clarke who taught what grit is. Ben Crop, Dr. Richard Bandler, Dr. Robert Becker and Stanislov Groff. The one and the only Graham Kennedy of In Melbourne Tonight fame. I taught him how to whistle with fingers in his mouth on live t.v. In return he gave me plane tickets and accommodation for my parents and I to go to Sydney for a week and spending money.

And; others who have had an amazing impact on my life, at just the right time , in just the right way.

Was just browsing through some old pics and came across another one, actually the biggest one from a political point of view.

Jim Cairns. Similar circumstances to the Al Grasby moment.

Was just browsing through some old pics and came across another one, actually the biggest one from a political point of view.

Met Jim a few times. Not a fan. Whole family were nutters.

Well he was from Narre Warren.
Just saying

I always thought he got away with no-one thinking he was crooked, when his son, Philip, was up to his gonads in the Loans Affair to make some really good money.

George Harris was up to his bollocks too, but, being a Carlton ex-president, everyone expects him to be a criminal.

I always thought he got away with no-one thinking he was crooked, when his son, Philip, was up to his gonads in the Loans Affair to make some really good money.

George Harris was up to his bollocks too, but, being a Carlton ex-president, everyone expects him to be a criminal.

Are you seriously alleging Jim Cairns was a criminal ? He was far too straight for his own good.

His family were a bit strange, instead of nutter, I would allege they were just a bit strange !

Ironically, if they had of been successful with Rex Connors plan and raised the $4 billion loans and used it to buy back our mineral wealth, then we all may have been much better off.

Are you seriously alleging Jim Cairns was a criminal ? He was far too straight for his own good.

His family were a bit strange, instead of nutter, I would allege they were just a bit strange !

Ironically, if they had of been successful with Rex Connors plan and raised the $4 billion loans and used it to buy back our mineral wealth, then we all may have been much better off.

No, I wasn’t.

His son may have been a bit of a scallywag though. But it was possible to query whether Jim greased the wheels for him. If it had been Al Grassby, I’d have assumed it was shonky.

But using Khemlani seems to be the equivalent of us hiring Dank. Did it ever really have a chance of success? I don’t remember it that way.

I was working for Minister of Health at the time. It was very exciting and every day had some new drama, and in hindsight many of the Labor Ministers, were well meaning but not competent and the Public Service were treated as the enemy and so there was little co-operation. My understanding was that the Loans were real and given time would have happened. Again in hindsight, Gough should have gone through the proper process, but he didn’t find out until late and it just wasn’t his way to ask anyone for anything.

Good analogy re Dank and Khemlani.