Most Famous Person you have Met

I had dinner with Sachin Tendulkar, his wife and manager in Mumbai - great bloke, very humble.

Geez, that’s a pretty decent one.

I shared a lift with David Gower. He was very nice.

I met @Sameolds2010 at the last Carlton game.

Most excited I got over meeting seeing least famous person, Kim Gyngell.
Passed right by him in the street and shouted his name like he was a Beatle.
Kind of awkward.

Stephen Fry

Ditto.

Depends on what you mean by 'met.'

I got patted down by secret service so that Bill Clinton could walk past me and nod. I’ve done phone interviews with Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp. I once auditioned against Liam Hemsworth (he wasn’t famous yet, and he got the part. Comfortably). But none of them are really meeting somebody I don’t think.

I did have quite a few drinks with Geoffrey Rush (and he scabbed half a pack of ciggies off me), that’s probably the biggest.

Never would picture you two as being the type of guys to smoke and drink on the Belgrave/Lilydale train line.

I met Robin Williams on a London st is the 80s. He actually stopped me to ask what I was up to after he saw an Aussie badge on my shirt. He then told me about his travels over in Aus and shook my hand and headed off. I stood aside as about a dozen others in his group wandered by. I then noticed a shortish guy trailing behind them. Dustin Hoffman.

Barry Jones, several times
Brian Howe when he was acting Prime Minister
Matthew Pavlich
Wally Lewis (Victorians won’t know who this is)
Nick Falloon
Mark Scott
Peter Ryan when he was Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Lindsay Tanner (ripper bloke)
Jenny Macklin (Australia’s first female acting prime minister, for those of you who don’t follow these things)
Ross Henshaw (From wikipedia: “Henshaw held the VFL/AFL record for the most games played without polling Brownlow Medal vote, until it was passed by Jason Blake in 2010”)
Wilbur Wilde
Red Symons
Michele Timms
Chris Anstey
CW Stoneking (I knew him before he was famous etc…)

A long way to go to reach the heights of the likes of The Ham of Deck and the Boot of Ree.

Stephen Fry

Ditto.

What are the odds?
And people don’t believe in co-incidences.

Most excited I got over meeting seeing least famous person, Kim Gyngell. Passed right by him in the street and shouted his name like he was a Beatle. Kind of awkward.

ROFL. Kim is a mate of mine. Known him since school days. Top bloke.

I only meet infamous people unfortunately.

EDIT: however, apparently when I was little Barry Humphries patted me on the head when I was with my uncle one day. I was a serious curly tops to the point were I was a Japanese Tourist magnet at Philip Island, so might’ve been that.

We’ve met?

I met the Painters & Dockers in the warm up room at the Herdsman Hotel before a show once. Fair to say they weren’t impressed.

Also met Joe Camilleri. He’s a c***. Vika & Linda on the other hand were very nice.

EDIT: however, apparently when I was little Barry Humphries patted me on the head when I was with my uncle one day. I was a serious curly tops to the point were I was a Japanese Tourist magnet at Philip Island, so might’ve been that.

So what you’re saying is, you are actually kinda famous yourself?

Though does remind me of a girl in high school who had a story of Japanese tourists actually taking her out of her pram so they could get photos with/of her (curly blonde hair)

Zdeno Chara

Jeremy Roenick

Peter Weir
Dannii Minogue
Lou Richards
Sheeds
Manhatten Transfer
Don Lane
Bert Newton
Demis Roussos
Ruggero Raimondi
Geoffrey Rush
Barry Humphries

Peter Weir Dannii Minogue Lou Richards Sheeds Manhatten Transfer Don Lane Bert Newton Demis Roussos Ruggero Raimondi Geoffrey Rush Barry Humphries
D Lane would have been good fun.
Stephen Fry

Ditto.

What are the odds?
And people don’t believe in co-incidences.

Seems hard to believe don’t it?

Peter Weir Dannii Minogue Lou Richards Sheeds Manhatten Transfer Don Lane Bert Newton Demis Roussos Ruggero Raimondi Geoffrey Rush Barry Humphries
D Lane would have been good fun.

He is actually a top bloke. Very down to earth and happy to spend time with you.