Move over Freo, your 3D jumper has company

So what happened to this then Essendon hierarchy?
They advertised this new 2018 Jumper as the clash jumper, at the same time when they revealed the new home & away jumper.
So they lied, and gave us a major bum steer…
And this Heritage Clash jumper was much better in my opinion.

P.S. I have checked the link to there page advertising this, which i had posted on my thread about the new jumpers for 2018, and what do ya know…they’ve taken it off.
https://shop.afl.com.au/essendon-bombers-2018-mens-clash-guernsey-pre-sale.html

1 Like

Is that a stadium on their jumper?!?

Article on the website says we’ll have a heritage guernsey later on in the year, which will honour a club legend. Hopefully it means AFL are bringing back Heritage round.

It also states that we’ll be wearing the new clash in AFLX, as well as away matches against Freo, West Coast and Richmond.

Not sure if the AFL are aware that West Coast now use a royal blue jumper, no clash at all with our jumper. And I reckon we’ll still wear it against Port.

Actually I do remember them, thanks for asking. And it was perfectly easy to tell - one had white shorts, the other black/blue. The idea of a clash is complete bunkum…

1 Like

Meh who cares
just a jumper tbh.

3 Likes

Looks like someone spray painted a black sash on a red drop sheet. Horrible.

Just move to all red with a black sash and be done with it and stop changing it on a whim.

Nice to see the bastards at AFL house have officially added another clash that doesn’t even exist taking it to five now. Will slowly become an away jumper.

1 Like

Never.

I don’t know how anyone could advocate for such an abomination.

Show me the Collingwood clash jumper.

1 Like

It’s a UFO.

I’ll let you decide what that stands for.

So looks like you can still buy the original 2018 Clash guernsey from the AFL shop, as i just check the website… see here… https://shop.afl.com.au/essendon-bombers-2018-mens-clash-guernsey.html
So the bum steer is still there for all to see.
Should be a limited collectors item then…the one that was, then wasn’t.

Wonder what happened there … :thinking:

Don’t know, but i want answers!

lol wtf

Home jumper is mainly black, clash is mainly white.

Said before here,… and have suggested through Club channels, that a simple Olde Timey shield with the sash through it on a Red jumper would look good, … and take care of the constitutional law as well, … like this one, sans Bomber wings and the Essendon Football club bits.

Just the shield, the sash, and the old EFC emblem, (or the one in my Avatar) front & centre …

I know this idea probably makes me a minority of one but I’d rather if we have to have a clash jumper that a) it doesn’t clash with the teams in question and b) it looks good. Stop trying to create a bastardised version of our home jumper. I don’t really care what it looks like if it’s good.

We’ve given up the fight on only having our traditional jumper. Pick something, stick to it, make it our clash jumper. White? Green? Heliotrope? Hoops? Stripes? Polka dots? If it looks good, sure. These not-quite-Essendon-jumpers irk me way more than a completely different but good jumper would.

Oh, and force the pies to make a real clash jumper. That ■■■■ shouldn’t fly with the AFL.

6 Likes

You betcha.

Just wear white with a red stripe. Or fluorescent yellow with a red stripe. The idea of clinging to history is bad enough, it’s worse when it churns out this rot.

Also demand the AFL create strict rules about light/dark jumpers. Not the current Wild West situation they have now.

3 Likes

That would look terrible.

2 Likes

No it wouldn’t.

It would look fan fkn tastic.

Agree with Rolo, if you’re gonna have a clash strip, go nuts and make it the clashiest clash strip to ever not clash

6 Likes