Mr Lite 'n' Easy Retiring at seasons end

I’m concerned about the Hawks. Who’s going to perform the ‘limping and pointing dramatically’ role when they are losing?

Is Novak Djokovic available?

3 Likes

Maybe you and Hodgey should get a room (trench)

1 Like

Credit where its due.
Been a ■■■■■■■ good player and would have happily had him at our club for his career.

4 Likes

He can be and good player and an utter utter ■■■■. The two are not mutually exclusive.

6 Likes

Yeah something tells me I’ll regret that post in about 5 years.

Cracking? Like the way he tried to crack the port blokes skull into the post?

Yeah real cracking bloke.

3 Likes

Agree with @SillyBilly 100%. Who cares if he’s a c@nt, wish more of our players were.

Are you serious? You bang on and on about success is all that matters and the need for setting standards. Then for a guy that captained a side to multiple flags, you say it doesn’t matter and compare him to David Pittman. You don’t think Hodge was a major impetus in setting the standards that lead to 4 flags?

2 Likes

I’ve just watched the Wingard incident for the first time ever. Geez, it must be the Chad Wingard fan club here. It was a poor split second freak incident. Slow motion replays always make it look like somebody had 3 seconds to change direction or mind. Drink driving was a stupid one off mistake. Everyone on this website has made mistakes and doesn’t have to be judged by them in public. If being a 3x premiership captain and dual Norm Smith medalist isn’t admirable then I don’t know what is. I can’t think of many players in the history of the game with a better CV than that?

And please stop calling people dogs and c__nts, It gives intelligent rational Essendon supporters a bad reputation because fan bases are judged on their worst supporters. Do yourself a favour and grow out of the juvenile phase of your life.

6 Likes

Agree. Faark Hawthorn but he’s been an absolute champion.

1 Like

Do yourself a favour and read the latest literature debunking any correlation between the use of profanity and intelligence.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the Whingard hit was after Hodge had been beaten in a contest, and then the whistle had gone and then he slammed the bloke into the post. No way that wasn’t deliberate

6 Likes

Was his the Judd/Ball/Hodge draft and then they got L Franklin a few picks later?

Franklin was 3-4 years later. So no.

1 Like

Good. That would have been rooted.

This post is horribly underrated

7 Likes

Franklin was all about the Hawks working out who Richmond (and the Dogs) did and more importantly didn’t want.
They knew they could pass on him at 2 and he would 100% get through to 5.
Loose lips sink ships.

1 Like

A one off mistake that could have resulted in someone who is actually a good bloke not getting to go home to their family.

3 Likes

HODGEY

If you drink drive as a young 18-19yo or whatever then you’re an idiot who needs to grow up.

If you drink drive in your ■■■■■■■ 30s then you’re an absolute rolled-gold tool.

5 Likes

SillyBilly is to Hodge what Diggers is to FRANKLIN! Who’d have thunk it?

4 Likes